Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Troll is searching for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer who is ready to advance his/her career. At Troll Systems you will be developing cutting edge command, control and communications software for advanced police and military communication systems. Most development is done is C on small microcontrollers, as well as host controllers running Windows and Linux. This is machine control, so a strong understanding of "state machines", "servo control", distributed and real-time communications is key. In addition, you will have experience with digital video over IP networks, video encoding, decoding and distribution.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager to ensure that product specifications are well defined and met. You will participate in developing detailed specifications, work with vendors to understand control of third-party devices, code, debug and deploy products. Applicants will be comfortable with hardware and able to use basic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
Troll is a worldwide leader in the development high-speed air-to-ground data links, tracking antennas and control systems, designed to deliver image intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, from manned and unmanned aircraft, land and marine vehicles. Troll employees work in a truly exciting industry, with enormous growth potential. Troll products are used by domestic and foreign militaries, commercial broadcasters, police, fire, and search and rescue organizations all over the world.
RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS
In the first three months, a successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully code and debug in C for our embedded controller using our established tool chain
- Demonstrate the ability to code and debug on our embedded Linux platform
- Proven ability to read schematics and basic understanding of circuits and systems design.
- Demonstrated understanding of Troll's documentation and revision system.
- Developed a working knowledge of our software architecture.
- Demonstrated above average abilities as a self-starter and a high degree of self-motivation
In the first six months, a successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully design software modules for new systems.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully troubleshoot and resolve problems found in existing software modules.
- Participate in the improvement of documenting software design.
In the first twelve months, a successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability to lead new product developments
- Reduce backlog by better estimates and less re-work
- Train others in the skills above.
Must be a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder for authorized access to controlled technology/data as subject to ITAR as well as possess both a valid driver's license and passport. This position reports to the Engineering Manager. Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. Position location is in Valencia, CA. full-time, on-site, 9/80 work schedule.
5+ years' experience or combination of experience in:
- Operating systems including:
- Windows Linux
- Embedded Software/Systems languages including:
- C/C++ HTML Java
- Microcontrollers including:
- X86 ARM 8051
- Applications development including:
- Command, Control, Process automation
- Video/Audio network streaming
- DVR and other digital video/audio/data management/archiving
- Meta Data processing
- Video encoding/decoding in software
- Drivers including:
- Streaming Video
- Windows device drivers
- Linux device drivers
- Audio/Video device drivers
- Extensions to Linux
- Standalone RTOS
- Optimizing Windows and Linux for real time
Preferred background in:
- Control systems
- Digital video system
- Analog and/or digital communications
- Satellite communications systems
- RF systems
Troll Systems helps make the world a safer, more secure and informed place, by providing long-range, airborne and ground video transmission and reception systems to commercial broadcasters, emergency responders, airborne law enforcement and security forces around the world. Troll's state-of-the-art technology helps to safeguard lives, protect the peace and contribute to the real-time delivery of broadcast news.
Troll's expertise puts our customers in a unique position to help governments and individuals better understand and react to events as they unfold. Troll Systems is a premier provider of end-to-end video and data link solutions that have been proven to increase range, improve performance and automatically track fast moving airborne, terrestrial and maritime ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) platforms. To optimize the user experience, each system incorporates common controls and intuitive interfaces that are designed to simplify the set-up and operation of high-speed, air-to-ground data networks.
Troll Systems is an ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturer with a portfolio of products that deliver best-in-class, data link reliability and performance.
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 13:03:40 PDT