Qualifications: B.S. Degree in Social Sciences, Criminal Justice, Administration or Communications and have at least (3) three years experience working with adolescents, and a minimum of (3) three years experience in supervision or management. Position salary range is $33,500- $38,500. This is an exempt, full time position. Must have flexibility with hours including late afternoons and/or early evenings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
RESIDENTIAL COORDINATOR REPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for initial interviews and hiring of unit counselors/direct staff.
• Responsible for overseeing initial 90-day, annual and concurrent training of all staff at Volunteer Youth Academy.
• Responsible for maintaining and up-dating staff schedule in accordance with contractually required staff to resident ratio at Volunteer Youth Academy.
• Ensures that staff is in compliance with State contracts and that awake staff are maintained twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week.
• Attends monthly meetings to discuss program and safety issues. Conducts meetings in the absence of the Administrator and Clinical Director.
• Supervises the handling of emergencies or crisis, and notifies Clinical Director and Administrator and provides needed up-dates.
• Attends and assists with monthly Treatment Team meetings.
• Maintains current records of attendance/vacation/sick time and disciplinary action of all unit Direct Care Staff.
• Understands and observes State and Federal laws concerning confidentiality.
• Review, resolve and maintain a record of all resident grievances.
• Review and maintain record of all physical restraints or residents.
• Perform related work as required, and performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Volunteer Youth Academy is a 8-bed level II residential treatment center for adolescent males between ages 12-17 who suffer with behavioral, emotional or mental health issues. By removing adolescents from their current environment full of gang affiliations, drugs, substance abuse, and trouble with the law, they can heal in a safe, structured, therapeutic environment supervised by professionals close to their homes. While the program is designed to be 90 days, the typical stay is for four to six months depending on circumstances. We ensure that each child's physical, social, emotional, educational, and permanency needs are met.
Founded in 2005, the company is accredited by The Council of Accreditation (COA). Our facility is contracted by the Tennessee Department of Childrens Services and licensed by the State of Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. The 10,000-square-foot facility is located in Gallatin, Tennessee, on 1.72 acres, approximately 30 miles northeast from Nashville.
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 05:43:10 PDT