Communications Specialist - Social Media
The Johnston Group is seeking a creative, driven Content Developer - Corporate Communications (PR) and Social Media Specialist to interact with various targeted audiences and virtual communities. The right candidate will be passionate, creative, strategic, and a self-starter who's willing and able to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done. They'll be excited about building a social media and public relations strategy to educate key audiences across various platforms and outlets.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification;
- Research, create, edit, publish and share engaging daily social media and web-based content (articles, original text, images, videos and surveys) that builds meaningful connections and drive awareness and website traffic;
- Set up, optimize and manage multiple company accounts across various social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest, as well as our websites, blogs, podcasts and newswire services;
- Respond, in a timely fashion, to follower's posts, comments and questions, in line with corporate moderation policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Perform social media analysis and research on relevant target audiences, trends, strategies and objectives;
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules;
- Create, edit, publish and share corporate press releases;
- Design content to promote corporate events and notifications;
- Create and issue inter-company electronic memorandums, as needed.
- Proven working experience in social media or related field;
- Excellent creativity, research, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills;
- Demonstrable social networking experience and knowledge;
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels;
- Positive attitude, detail and customer-oriented with strong organizational skills and focus;
- Experience with online marketing analytic tools and metrics, such as: Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.;
- Experience with social media management software, such as: Hootsuite, Klout, etc.
- Knowledge or background in healthcare, education/training or trade associations;
- College degree;
The Johnston Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Johnston Group is the parent, or management, company of numerous, uniquely-branded business organizations, each of which specialize in niche services for healthcare professionals. Our CEO, Mike Johnston, founded the National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) in 1999, which now represents and supports more than 70,000 pharmacy technicians. Over the years, additional business organizations were developed, as part of our Johnston's strategic focus on growth and creativity. Today, the various business organizations owned, or managed, by The Johnston Group are recognized industry leaders, serving over 100,000 customers from all over the world. The company's primary areas of focus include: pharmacy technician career training and education, simulation lab products, specialized certification programs for pharmacy professionals, continuing education for healthcare professionals, content development and consulting.
To learn more about some of the brands we manage and represent, please visit:
National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA)
Simulated medications used in lab-based training
Industry expert Mike Johnston's branded division for training, publishing, speaking and consulting.
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 12:33:21 PDT