Hardware Quality Engineer - 968-69 in Clifton, NJ
Elite Technical is seeking an experienced Hardware Quality Engineer for a contract engagement with a highly regarded aerospace client in north central New Jersey. This is a hardware based quality engineering position. Please apply only if your work background includes recent experience performing quality assurance engineering work on electronic and mechanical hardware. Due to the nature of the work, all of these positions require US citizenship and an active DoD secret clearance.
The QA engineer is needed to develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished hardware on highly complex electro-optical, electronic & mechanical spaceflight assemblies. The selected candidate will work under general supervision and follow established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
Duties more specifically include:
Coordination of support activities across multiple programs that range from inspections, associated with incoming material and build of assemblies, to review of test setups against procedure and data against pass fail criteria.
Interface with customer quality representatives for build and test activities.
Participation in Material Review Board and Failure Review Board meetings;
Providing drawing reviews, test procedure reviews and customer interface to these activities.
Insure design modifications or updates meet all quality requirements while sitting as a member on the Configuration Control Board.
May coordinate supplier support across multiple programs and will travel to suppliers to perform hardware inspections.
• BS degree with 3-6 years of quality engineering experience on spaceflight programs
• Must be able to be certified to NASA-STD-8739.1, 2, 3 and 4 or have current certifications
• Willing to work periodic on-call support over off-shifts, weekends and holidays
• Willing to work different shifts as needed throughout the year
• Willing to travel to suppliers 2-4 days at a time 5 - 10 times/year
• Considerable knowledge of quality control methods and procedures, military specifications as they apply to the electronics industry, reliability requirements of electronic, mechanical and electromechanical equipment and surveillance methods and procedures.
• Basic knowledge of manufacturing, materials, contract administration, industrial, test and design engineering.
• Active Secret Clearance is REQUIRED.
• Experience with TipQA
• Familiar with Configuration Control Management
• Efficient with GD&T
• Previous experience managing accounts
• Small team leadership experience
• Experience with performing Failure Analysis (FA) utilizing the necessary electrical tests and measurements, plus many of the advanced analytical techniques of physics, metallurgy, and chemistry.
Elite Technical Services has over two decades of practice credibility. We support all phases of IT project delivery (PMO), information technology service management (ITSM) and engineering implementation missions (Professional Services).
Our customers include Federal Civilian and Defense Agencies as well as commercial Systems Integration firms from small disadvantaged businesses through Fortune 100 Companies. We combine the right talent with highly skilled outcomes-minded management to create a team that delivers program objectives and is focused on surpassing budget and schedule projections.
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 20:10:26 PDT