Director of Information Technology
If you are a Senior or Lead .Net Developer or Software Architect, this could be the perfect position for you to advance your career into IT Management while still staying active in coding/programming.
Reporting to the General Manager of iD Commerce + Logistics, the Director of Information Technology has responsibilities that require strategic thinking and planning for the long-term success of iD Commerce + Logistics. In general this position works to maintain/improve business relationships within the e-commerce/fulfillment industries. This position will identify and manage key staff to maintain organizational efficiency and effectiveness in the support of the iD Commerce Mission.
The Director of Information Technology manages the Information Technology business line for iD Commerce + Logistics.
Primary areas involve interaction and advising with current and potential clientele on iD Commerce capabilities and a solid understanding of areas representing a diverse knowledge of various high level capabilities, along with the specialized areas of niche markets. The job requires the Director to collaboratively develop and implement approved organizational strategies that support the mission of iD Commerce + Logistics.
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for monitoring, supporting, and managing the successful delivery of operations across multiple contract areas, including production, operations, project delivery, administration and contracts, capture, proposals, business development and customer engagement. The Director of Information Technology will be based in our Wood Dale, IL office and the position will require up to 10% travel.
Administration and Management: Coordinates strategic planning, business development integration, resource allocation, human capital resource modeling, contracting, and coordination of people and resources.
Financial Reporting and Analysis: Utilize existing financial reports to monitor and communicate company financials with key stakeholders, such as iD Commerce Leadership, project managers, employees, and group leadership. Influence costs by managing and monitoring spending in indirect expense areas, such as training and development.
Business/Contracts Growth: Manage contracting growth efforts and procedures across a number of markets (E-commerce, Fulfillment, Direct Mail, etc.) Attend to the details of how contracts work, the differences between different types of contracts and how profit is earned as part of each contract.
Resource Allocation: Ensure appropriate corporate resources (Recruiting, Contracts, Pricing, and Facilities) in support of company and new proposal efforts. Monitor staff utilization and make adjustments to the allocation of resources in collaboration with stakeholder leadership.
Training: Provide consistent and regular communication to managers and employees about the importance of proper financial management, including meeting financial targets and communicating financial liabilities. Encourage formal training, to introduce knowledge that can be used for company growth and efficiency. Ensure compliance with time recording systems and mandatory training.
Business Development and Capture: Lead in the business development and capture processes for Information Technology contracts and procedures. Assist the Business Development Director with proposal information as needed. Duties will involve full life cycle business including growth and development: building relationships with key decision makers, business development, capture strategy, proposal writing and coordination with the operations and business development team during and after contract award. This position will serve as a point of representation and liaison with external constituencies on strategic business matters, and provide day-to-day strategic guidance and leadership as appropriate in the areas of the Information Technology business operations. This position must be able to frequently visit local sites and provide additional insight for the growth and expansion of existing contracts and new work for iD Commerce + Logistics
• .NET Framework 4.5.1
o Entity Framework
o Web API (REST Services)
o Visual Studio 2013
Database (SQL Server 2012)
• Performance Query Tuning
• Database Administration (lock contention, backup/restore, indexing & maintenance strategy, disk management, etc.)
Networking & Security
• Oversee network infrastructure, firewall, web proxy rules, etc.
• ESXi 5
• SAN administration (LUN management, snapshot management, etc.)
• Veeam backup
Project / Implementation Management
• Align expectations with technology
• Manage sales team and client expectations
• Technology recommendations
• Scheduling and Task management
• Keep skills current
• Continually identify weakness and shore up technology to bridge the gap (e.g. went from .NET 1.1 to 4.5.1)
• Identify and challenge team to implement emerging technology skills
• Management project work breakdown structures
• Daily support ticket management
• Daily huddles
• Demonstrated experience working across multiple departments
• Bachelor's Degree at Minimum. Preferred MBA or Master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field (proven and documented experience can be used in place of education).
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Program Management Experience involving significant revenue streams
• PMP Certification is a plus
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
• Flexibility and adaptability to respond to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
• Conflict Management skills to resolves challenges in a positive and constructive manner to minimize negative impact.
• Partnering and collaboration skills to develop networks, build alliances, engage in cross-functional activities and find common ground with stakeholders.
• Sound business ethics/integrity and a commitment to corporate responsibility.
• Critical thinking-using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative solutions and approaches to problems.
• Stability-the tendency to handle stress, maintain an even temperament and demonstrate confidence across most situations.
• Proven supervision, leadership and coaching skills.
Our Passion for People is what makes us stand out above the rest. We are currently looking to expand our team with individuals who embody our core values and culture.
Do you demonstrate the values of our company? If so, then we invite you to embark on this rewarding challenge.
Service - Demonstrates strong commitment to meeting the needs of co-workers, management, clients, and community service projects.
Tenacity - Consistent reward of passionately striving to achieve results. Conveys strong need to win. Reputation for not giving up.
Responsibility - Takes accountability for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments.
Integrity - Iron clad. Does not ethically cut corners. Earns trust of co-workers. Puts organization above self interests.
Versatility - Capable of adapting to various tasks; wears many hats.
Entrepreneurship - Recognizes opportunities for the program they are in, or in current/new products/services. Considers them in a businesslike manner and takes action; takes risks and achieves a business advantage.
If you are looking to join an organization that constantly raises the bar and thrives on innovation and excellence, look no further. iD Commerce + Logistics strongly encourages the sharing of ideas, creative thinking, and the power of making a difference within and beyond the workplace.
To learn more go to www.idcomlog.com
Wood Dale, IL
Mon, 25 Sep 2017 14:56:31 PDT