Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Devens, MA
The Project Manager plays a critical role in client communication and managing client expectations.
As Project Manager, you will plan, direct and coordinate activities of assigned projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the project team are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally and/or with project staff.
- Review project proposal and determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Develop in depth knowledge of both the commercial and technical requirements of contracts including documentation submittals, customer status updates, project schedule management and penalties.
- Provide technical advice for feasibility, modification and cost-effective delivery of the projects.
- Provide technical support to proposal team in pursuit of project bids.
- Review status reports prepared and modify schedules or plans as required. Prepare status reports for senior management, clients and other personnel, as required.
- Properly identify and assess project risks and escalate to senior leadership as appropriate.
- Drive team accountability for deliverables.
- Effectively and professionally manage relationships with customers and partners on all phases of contract executions.
- Manage the procurement process with support of the Supply Chain department, of all components for project fabrication.
- Support company personnel safety practices and adhere to the safety policies according to OSHA guidelines and company and /or site specific safety policies.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree (ME or ChE preferred)
- 8-12 years of related work experience as noted above.
- Must have related experience in design/build of high purity piping or process systems (skid) manufacturing in at least one of the following categories: biopharm equipment, clean industrial equipment, chemical processing or food and beverage.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering documents: spreadsheets, general arrangement drawings, schematics, 3D Models, P&IDs, etc.
- Strong computer skills. Microsoft Project, AutoCad 3D or Solid Works is a plus.
- Must be able to comply with and work in an FDA Regulatory Environment.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and decision making capabilities without direct line responsibility for project team members.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal relationship skills, including the ability to effectively interact with people at all levels of the organization.
- Local candidates only.
Preferred Skill and Experience:
- Project Management Certification is desirable (PMP)
- Automation controls, PLCs, control panel design and wiring methods experience or knowledge is preferred.
- An understanding of high purity biopharm QC documentation / cGMP requirements is a plus.
LEWA Process Technologies designs, builds, automates and installs process equipment for customers in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, semiconductor, personal care, --or in any industry where the integrity and purity of fluids are regulated or of intrinsic importance. We are the global center of excellence for the LEWA Group in systems for the life sciences, (biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical). By integrating all aspects of process design, automation, fabrication, installation, and service in a single company, we give our customers a fast, well-conceived, economical, and reliable path to processing brilliance.
Our company stands on the core values of honesty, integrity, and trust--principles that underscore the approach we take to our products, an unflagging commitment to precision and quality, and in the way we conduct business, with straightforward candor and fair mutual dealing. From our 21,000 s.f. (2000 m2) manufacturing headquarters in Devens, MA (U.S.), our dedicated team of more than 70 process engineers, mechanical engineers, highly certified welders and assemblers, automation specialists and project managers produce ingenious solutions--built around best-in-class LEWA pumps.
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 06:50:56 PDT