Senior Backend Engineer
HealthExpense (http://www.healthexpense.com) is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us build the next great healthcare technology startup. If you are interested in joining a dynamic early-stage startup that is already seeing significant traction - there are already 1M+ employees using our platform - we'd love to talk to you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Backend Parser Developer works collaboratively with our engineers and business teams to create and maintain complex text data file parsers. You will design, build, and maintain secure HIPAA-compliant middleware components in a highly scalable and available open ecosystem, communicate with team members, and troubleshoot issues.
In this role you will:
- Design and build intelligent middleware components to parse complex text data files using Scala or equivalent functional languages (Java, Haskell, OCaml, F#, C#);
- Create and maintain unit tests for new code and defect fixes (CPPUnit or equivalent);
- Participate in continuous integration for automated builds and deployments (Jenkins or equivalent);
- Ensure deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements;
- Other duties that pop up ... we're a startup after all.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for candidates with:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in software development, architecture, and API development (and more is better)
- Reasonable working knowledge of, or a strong interest in learning, a functional language (Scala preferred)
- An understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with big data, such as Hadoop, and complex text and data file processing (a nice-to-have, but not necessary)
- Experience in the delivery of healthcare or financial backend software systems (also nice-to-have, but not necessary)
- A solid academic background (or equivalent experience). Degrees in Information Systems, Computer Science or a closely related field are preferred
In healthcare, $600B (that's a B) is wasted every year. The HealthExpense (http://www.healthexpense.com) platform -- think "Mint for healthcare" -- helps consumers and benefits administrators make the most of their healthcare dollars, tackling the mundane and often unnecessarily-complicated tasks like submitting insurance reimbursement claims, paying bills, and tracking deductibles and flex-spending caps. Our fast-growing network is quickly becoming the platform of choice for large employers and third-party administrators, and we're already helping over 1M employees make better and more cost-effective healthcare decisions.
A few key details:
- We're well-funded and stable: we offer great salaries, medical/dental/vision coverages, and generous bonuses.
- We're off to great start. Our platform is already in use by millions, and we're just getting started.
- You can do great things here. We're still a small team -- there are plenty of meaty challenges to tackle and opportunity to make a real impact.
- We set you up for success: We never skimp on best hardware or tools money can buy.
- We want you to share in our success. Every offer includes a healthy dose of stock options.
- We're building for the long-term. Our key executives have been around the block, and understand the importance (and sustainability) of true work-life balance. We work hard and smart, and also manage to have real lives outside the office.
- We're located in sunny Sunnyvale, California.
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 13:12:10 PDT