Mechanical Engineer & Mechanical Engineering Manager
Engineering positions available (Sarasota)
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Operations Manager
Our Innovative electro-mechanical design and manufacturing company is seeking ONLY experienced CREO-Pro/E Mechanical Engineers and Designers in the Sarasota, Florida area (CREO surfacing experience is absolutely required). We specialize in advanced composite packaging and PCB design for numerous defense, aerospace, commercial and automotive companies. Our company utilizes structural composites and unique advanced packaging techniques for a diverse array of electronics and weapon systems. We have recently opened a new fully automated facility located near the Sarasota Airport capable of going from a sketch to full production under the same roof. On June 20, 2016 Firestone Fibers & Textiles (FSFT), a business unit of Bridgestone Americas, Inc., acquired a minority interest in an affiliate or Rapid Composites, LLC. More recently, Rapid Composites was awarded a significant U.S. Governement award for the development of a new Missile System.
Work side by side with a talented group of engineers that have a no boundaries approach to product development. As a part of our team you will be responsible for designing mission critical and harsh environment products. You will be working closely with our customers to develop and analyze design specifications, sketches, engineering drawings, ideas and related issues affecting the future manufacture of our products. Our ideal candidate will be capable of modeling parts and large assemblies within Pro-E/Creo, provide design suggestion and direction to our team. You will work closely with in-house fabrication staff and outside vendors to bring new products to fruition while making critical decisions during the product development, tooling and parts process phases.
- Minimum of 3,000 hours of Pro-E/Creo is required.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Pro-E/Creo is required
- Advanced Surfacing experience required
- Proficiency in surface and curve construction is critical.
- Capable of rapid concept visualization and able to communicate effectively with our team of designers and engineers.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects and hit compressed deadlines with precision. These projects require a self-managing personality and the skills of an inventor.
- Good understanding of the U.S. Patent and Trademark process is a plus. Our candidate(s) must have the ability to visualize/identify and document intellectual property throughout the product development process.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with and around an automotive style, industrial design team.
- Good verbal and written communication is a must with the analytical skills needed to determine best course of action, i.e., most economical process or materials to be used.
- Experience developing UL, CE, FCC, IP, MIL-810 and 461-D compliant products is desired.
- Experience working in a structured ISO and Six Sigma compliant environment is a plus.
- Academic or job experience with computational analysis software (FEA, CFD), structural/mechanical analysis, testing is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in United States without company sponsorship.
*Diverse material science and processing knowledge is very desirable. Examples may include some of the following materials and processes:
- Carbon fiber Molding
- Hybrid Construction Methodology
- Quasi-isotropic materials
- Thermoplastic composites
- Epoxy Systems
- Super forming
- RIM molding
- Injection molding
- Die casting
- Automated Compression molding
- Rapid prototyping such as; FDM, SLA, SLS, RTV
- CNC Machining
We look forward to hearing from you. Rapid Composites offers a very competitive compensation package. No phone calls will be accepted.
Since 1999 Rapid Composites has been an established provider of engineering services with the skill, training, expertise and resources to take projects from concept through production. We work on time, on budget and within the most exacting standards of precision and performance.
Rapid Composites offers a wide array of services including; industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, prototyping, tooling, carbon fiber molding and production.
We specialize in developing products from the ground up and are capable of executing a start to
finish process entirely under one roof.
Tue, 26 Sep 2017 08:27:45 PDT