Executive Director for Well Established Non-Profit HIV Youth & Arts
We are a recruiting agency helping our amazing client to seek a new Executive Director, a member of a dynamic leadership team to guide a successful and well-established 501(c)3 nonprofit. Their mission has been to nurture resiliency, creativity and community through arts programming for at-risk youth. We focus on young people ages 13-20 who face considerable challenges: HIV/AIDS, poverty, mental health issues, etc. Using the arts, this organization creates a path to success through various forms of programming.
The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors, have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the organization's staff, programs, expansion and execution of its mission. Some of the job responsibilities are:
Leadership & Management:
- Ensures ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation and consistent quality of finance, administration, fundraising, communications, and systems.
- Actively engages and energizes board members, partnering organizations, volunteers and donors.
- Leads, coaches, develops and retains management team.
Community Outreach & Fundraising:
- Maintains relationships with collaborative partners and cultivates new ones.
- Represents the programs and points of view of the organization to agencies, other organizations, and the general public.
- Seeks out groups or corporations to sponsor and donate in different capacities.
- Expands local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion while simultaneously building reserves.
- Oversees the coordination of special events including fundraisers, volunteer events, culminating program events, online crowd-sourcing, end of the year giving campaigns, etc.
- Nonprofit experience as an Executive Director
- Experience in arts and/or education a plus.
- A track record of effective leadership.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, achieve strategic objectives and manage and develop teams.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed.
A successful and well-established 501(c)3 nonprofit whose mission has been to nurture resiliency, creativity and community through arts programming for at-risk youth.
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 14:39:50 PDT