We are looking for a Quality Engineer in Chattanooga, TN
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating and managing quality systems for components received from supplier, developing, approving, and maintaining supplier's quality and production systems to ensure purchased parts meet product specifications. This position is also an integral part of new product launches including both supplier and parts development for manufacturing.
• Enforces quality planning activities such as: PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP development and adherence.
• Executes the process series as scheduled.
• Manages Part approval process and/or ISIR (Initial Sample Inspection Report) releases for assigned products.
• Executes product and process audits due to occurred errors and supplier rating results and initiates counteractions and counteraction verification.
• Leads quality problem solving process for supplier related issues.
• Audits the quality management system at the supplier location(s).
• Validates start up ability for new parts/processes. .
• Coordinates reduction of supplier related warranty claims via Defect Eradication Process.
• Participates in internal warranty reduction problem solving teams regarding purchased parts.
Required Education and Skills:
• BS degree in Engineering or related field, or 4 years of professional quality process/components experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
• Training: Quality Computer Systems including QSYS, SPQM and SAP.
• Licenses and/or Certifications: Certified Quality Management (CQM) and Certified Quality Engineering (CQE) (preferred).
• Experience in advanced quality planning techniques including PFMEA, control planning, process flow diagramming, process auditing techniques, and PPAP
• Experience in advanced statistical techniques such as capability and standard deviation studies to calculate process variation
• Experience with MS Word, Access, Excel, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are offering these positions to work with a professional and motivated team. The roles are demanding with job variation and there is great potential to develop yourself further. A competitive compensation package with benefits will be provided for the candidate with the required skills. If you feel you have the skills we are looking for and wish to apply for these positions, please forward your resume for consideration.
Formel D is the global service provider of the automotive industry. We develop market-leading concepts as well as individual, scalable solutions along the entire automotive value chain - from development to production to aftersales.
The company was founded in 1993 at its headquarters in Troisdorf near Cologne. Today we employ over 6000 people from 45 nations in more than 80 locations in 19 countries. Passion drives us, professionalism makes us stand out and team spirit makes us successful. We work at the core of the industry that moves us every day.
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 07:18:27 PDT