Jr. Data Center Technician
ServInt is seeking a Jr. Data Center Technician to support the operations and maintenance of three geographically dispersed data centers in Reston VA, Los Angeles, CA and Amsterdam, NL for a global Cloud Services and Hosting provider. The successful candidate will primarily work within a technical team which operates and maintains all servers, and storage devices. This position reports to the Data Center Manager and is based in Reston, VA.
• Demonstrable troubleshooting skills and hands on experience
• Supporting virtual infrastructure
• Supporting MS Windows Server (2008 and newer)
• Supporting Linux CentOS Server
• Perform equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
• Willingness to work additional hours when necessary
• Must be available after hours and weekends for support calls
• Travel to remote sites may be necessary
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills required
• Work within Technical Team
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related experience
• 1-3 yrs. Experience in Data Center/Infrastructure Support
• Must be a US Citizen
• Knowledge and experience within Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active directory, DNS, and Air Watch MDM, and Windows server platforms.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• experience with Microsoft Server 2008/2008R2/2012 Active Director
• Experience with public cloud services such as AWS and/or Azure is preferred
• AWS certification a Plus
• Knowledge of VMwear (ESX)and vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, and OpenStack
• Windows Server software / Microsoft Azure
Certifications a Plus:
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
• Security (SSCP, Security +, etc.)
ServInt is a global Cloud Services Provider delivering public, private, and hybrid hosting solutions including AWS, Microsoft Azure, VPS, dedicated hosting and support packages to customized capabilities and managed services. We are looking for motivated and energetic people with a passion for technology to join our team. Our employees enjoy an upbeat work environment and a robust benefits package including paid time off, company highly subsidized health and dental insurance, 401K matching and much more!
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 18:18:21 PDT