PCB CADD Technician & Designer
E-mail resume to Mr. Marc Tierney: mtierney.lightage (at) gmail.com
Light Age, Incorporated is a state-of-the-art developer and manufacturer of solid-state laser systems for applications in all areas of human endeavor. Founded and operated by technologists, and serving industry needs in medicine, science, industry and government.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual for developing and testing new printed circuit boards for new and legacy medical and scientific laser devices. Design requirements and schematics will be provided by Engineering or Project Management as appropriate. The ideal candidate will be one who can work independently with minimal supervision. Candidate must be fluent in speaking English and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Troubleshoot PCB's down to component level.
- Design multi-layer PCB layouts.
- Assemble prototype laser sub-systems and modules.
- Capture Schematics released from Engineering.
- Library creation (part symbols and footprints) and maintenance.
- Creation and release of documentation for fabrication of PCBs (e.g. gerber files, BOMs).
- Prototype circuits.
- Repair and enhancements are to be implemented to failed or deficient components.
- Support Engineering in non-standard verification and validation testing of modules and systems.
- Assist in engineering change orders and associated procedures.
- Assist Manufacturing in diagnosing malfunctioning circuitry.
- Participate in design solutions for non-trivial problems.
- Ability to read schematics and determine proper circuit operation and function.
- Soldering PCBs.
- Working understanding of both through-hole and SMD technologies.
- Familiarity with analog, digital, and mixed-signal layouts.
- Proficient use of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, power meters, etc.
- Software developer for embedded systems a plus.
- Experience working in highly regulated environment.
- Experience working under quality management system (ISO 9001).
- Experience with using P-CAD (now Altium Designer) Software.
- Prior work on laser systems and/or similar high-voltage circuitry.
- Understanding of EMC, shielding, and noise mitigation techniques.
- Degree in engineering, computer science, or technology preferred
- Appreciable experience in PCB design will be considered in lieu of degree.
401k, health, dental, vision, life, bonuses, stock options, free coffee.
Light Age, Inc. is located in Somerset, New Jersey. We specialize in manufacturing solid-state laser technology and devices. Founded and operated by scientists, we serve the medical, aesthetic, scientific, and research sectors. Smoke-free, drug-free, EOE. ISO certified.
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:15:10 PDT