Radio Dispatcher (P/T), CP3N31993PSP
To receive and transmit all communications by telephone, two-way radio and/or in person for the Department of Public Safety and serve faculty, staff, students and visitors as a public relations/information person.
Position Title: Radio Dispatcher (P/T), CP3N31993PSP
Duties of Position:
- Respond to business telephones, emergency telephones, and elevator telephones.
- Respond to requests from the Public Safety, Engineering and Building and Grounds two-way radio system.
- Operate radio-paging system for Engineering, Building & Grounds and Custodial Operations.
- Respond to and inquire upon the law enforcement computer terminal connecting Public Safety with other local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Monitor and dispatch campus security and fire alarm system.
- Summon emergency equipment as needs dictate.
- Notify other campus departments of needed emergency repairs.
- Notify Public Safety manager and college administrators during emergency situations.
- Respond to requests for information from visitors, faculty, staff and students.
- Issue guest parking permits.
- Respond to lost and found needs to include inventory/storage and retrieval.
- Process parking citations.
- Respond to officer requests/inquires on the college computer.
- Monitor two-way radio traffic of surrounding agencies.
- Monitor weather monitor.
- Monitor surveillance cameras.
- Distribute college key and identification tags.
- Maintain written logs of: lost and found; overnight parking; building sign-in; key authorization.
- Keep immediate work area neat and orderly.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
One year or more of proven experience in a public sector dispatching position or customer relations position.
High school diploma and some college level courses. Successful completion or telecommunicators training program. Successful completion of LEADS certification basic course.
Two years as a public safety dispatcher.
Two years degree Criminal Justice, Social & Behavioral Science or Communications.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Key telephones, tape recorders, paging encoders, closed circuit television monitors and controls, UHF radios, computer terminals, pagers, rolodex printers, fire and security alarm panels, electronic and manual files.
Generally good. During exigent circumstances may be somewhat stressful.
This position requires a pre-employment background check through LEADS.
Department: Police Dept - PSP
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt