Adv Gastro Technical Specialist/UKHC
This position will assist the physician (gastroenterologist, pulmonologist, surgeon) in general and advanced endoscopy procedures with a high degree of efficiency; position and transport patients; prepare the procedural rooms using clean and aseptic techniques; maintain supplies and materials; maintain certification requirements; actively participate goals of work unit; and demonstrate excellent customer service. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) certification due within 2 years of hire date.
Adv Gastro Technical Specialist/UKHC
Advanced Gastroenterology Technical Specialist
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
SGNA certification within 2 years of hire
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
3, 12-hour shifts; EITHER Friday-Sunday OR Saturday-Monday, depending on department need.
The ideal candidate must be proficient in basic and advanced endoscopy procedures; have direct patient care experience; excellent attention to detail; exceptional planning and organizational skill; effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to solve routine problems and manage resources; and experience with materials/resource management. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) certification due within 2 years of hire date.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Associate degree from an accredited surgical technologist program and 1-2 years of related experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your endoscopy or other related work experience relevant to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your years of endoscopy experience.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have a current Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) certification?
- * Are you currently certified or eligible to be certified as a surgical technologist in the state of Kentucky?
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter