Nurse Coordinator Clinical/UKHC
The Nurse Coordinator Clinical ensures smooth operational flow of pediatric neurology/epilepsy patients by directing the work of assigned staff. This position coordinates with staff to provide efficient, safe, quality nursing care to pediatric neurology/epilepsy patients. Participates in organization wide committees, ensures quality assurance standards are met, and reviews patient satisfaction surveys and other data. Maintains and updates staff procedures, staff training programs and quality assurance programs. Position acts in accordance to University behavioral standards, University, hospital and departmental policies.
Nurse Coordinator Clinical/UKHC
Pediatric Neurology/Epilepsy Nurse Clinical Coordinator
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Active Kentucky RN license, Temporary Work Permit (TWP), or active compact state RN license that is in good standing and American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for the Healthcare Provider valid for at least 6 months after employment date. American Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is also required
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Days with other shifts as needed to cover the needs of the department
Basic computer skills, positive, and mature communication skills. Pediatric nursing experience.
BSN with 3 years related experience
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your paid, full-time employment experience working with pediatric patients.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter