The Editorial Assistant will provide clerical support to two Acquisitions Editors. Communicate through written and verbal correspondence with individuals involved in the manuscript evaluation and publishing processes. Locate outside readers, maintain an organized system of tracking manuscripts and accompanying materials, conduct library research, respond to email and phone queries. Prepare manuscripts for the editorial, design, and production department, update authors on the status of manuscripts. Process payment documents for the acquisitions staff, maintain acquisitions department database, and maintain editorial expense financial records.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Working at a computer for long periods of time, utilizing keyboard and mouse. Repetitive motion.
Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Microsoft Excel required. Filemaker Pro and working knowledge of Adobe InDesign preferred.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have at least one year of experience in scholarly publishing?
- * How many years of clerical/administrative experience do you have working in an academic setting?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have at least one year experience working in any type of publishing related organization?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter