Administrative Specialist III: Constituent Engagement
Posting Number C956P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/22912
Working Title Administrative Specialist III: Constituent Engagement
Position Number 11699
Department Alumni Office
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Administrative Specialist III assists in the day-to-day activities of the Arkansas Alumni Association Constituent Engagement unit. This position serves as the key support person for CE by utilizing organizational skills and attention to detail to plan and implement appropriate projects. This position reports to the Director of Constituent Engagement. This position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job function of this job, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma
- At least one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field
- At least three years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- At least three years customer service related experience
- Experience with ADVANCE database system
- Experience with Crystal Reports Server
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with the University of Arkansas Razorbuy and BASIS systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of membership module in ADVANCE data system
- Knowledge of computer systems; advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite; specifically, Word and Excel (for merging documents) and PowerPoint
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills
- Ability to be punctual and dependable
- Ability to research and analyze related work program information
- Ability to develop, recommend, interpret, and apply policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze financial records and prepare reports
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of others
- Ability to prioritize, implement, and manage multiple projects and due dates
- Ability to research, analyze, and compile data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to prioritize and organize daily work schedule
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to work well in a team setting
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (schedule may vary based on department needs to include occasional night/weekend)
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Arkansas Alumni Association
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Pay Grade Level C112
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 10/14/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
Eunice M. Alberson
ADMN 410 - B
Fayetteville, AR 72701
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
When completing your application, please upload the following: Cover letter/letter of application (addressed to the attention of Eunice M. Alberson, Director for Advancement Human Resources) and Resume
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Please describe your highest level of education.
- Attended high school but did not receive a diploma
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Attended college but did not receive a degree/certification
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctoral degree
Please select your level of experience in specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field?
- No Experience
- Less than one year
- One year but less than two
- Two years but less than three
- Three years but less than four
- Four years or more
Please indicate your experience in specialized or related area applicable to work preformed.
- Less than one year.
- One year but less than two years.
- Two years but less than three years.
- Three years but less than four years.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Proof of Veterans Status