IT Program Manager - Student Affairs
Who we are:
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University's academic, research and service missions. We're located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What your key responsibilities will be:
As Program Manager, you will provide strategic IT leadership to the Division of Student Affairs (SA). Using your keen understanding of SA's business needs and objectives, you will determine which IT services and applications can and/or should be deployed to best serve SA needs. By continually interacting with the key stakeholders in SA, and working closely with the designated primary contact in the SA office, you'll establish and prioritize their business requirements. Reporting to the Associate Director of Business Analysis and Solution Architecture in OIT, you will likewise interact with the University Information Systems (UIS) to determine what central services are applicable to meeting Student Affair IT needs and you will also ensure that campus IT architecture and services, and overall university context, are appropriately considered in any proposed IT solution. Working in collaboration with other campus and university IT professionals, you will apply industry best practices and evaluate available commercial services and software in determining the best possible IT solutions. Finally, you will work collaboratively with campus constituents to address and improve SA processes on an ongoing basis.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this position is highly competitive and market based, and will depend upon relevant background and experience. In addition the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- 5 years of business analysis experience including process mapping, design of complex systems and processes, and the translation of business requirements into IT solutions.
- 5 years of analytical experience, implementing and maintaining complex application systems.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
What you will need:
- Ability to develop high level IT strategies for business owners.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer skills interacting with key stakeholders.
What we'd like you to have:
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP, CCBA).
- 3 years of IT project management experience.
- Expertise in process streamlining, such as use of Lean Six Sigma techniques.
- 1 year of technical experience as a developer, system integrator, or system administrator.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by October 15, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-11238.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10948 - OIT-Administration
Posting Date: Sep 29, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 15, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00739812