Instructor-NP-PA Littleton Clinic
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Instructor-NP-PA Littleton Clinic
Now hiring for a full-time faculty Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant position with benefits is offered through the (Medicine) Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine (Aurora, Colorado) at the Anschutz Medical Campus (AMC). The Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant will be an active participant in clinical work seeing patients daily in Oncology clinics, as well as overseeing a chemotherapy infusion area. As part of this position, additional training as needed in active symptom control (palliative care) and clinical trials conduct will be provided. Location: University of Colorado Hospital, Littleton Multi-Specialty Cancer Practice, located at 5 West Dry Creek Circle, Littleton, CO 80120.
The University of Colorado Cancer Center is an National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center within a matrix organization consisting of 14 institutions including the University of Colorado, University of Colorado Hospital, the Denver Veterans Administration Hospital. It is within the
top 20 Cancer Centers in the United States per national rankings.
Job Responsibilities: This full-time faculty position is responsible for identifying, assessing, planning and coordinating services for oncology patients in the Littleton Cancer Clinic, thus fostering quality, continuity and appropriate utilization of healthcare resources throughout the continuum of care. Supervision may be exercised as required for patient care.
- Manages the health care of patients at the Littleton Cancer Clinic, including coordination of care (as necessary) with the Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Performs a comprehensive health assessment, including health history, physical exams, preventive screening; identifies medical health risks and needs.
- Performs scheduled study-related visits, study screenings, and toxicity assessments of patients on phase I-III clinical trials.
- Formulates the appropriate differential diagnoses based on clinical evaluation.
- Performs, orders and/or interprets diagnostic studies within scope of practice and clinical area of practice at the Littleton Cancer Clinic.
- Performs advanced technical procedures within the scope of clinical practice for these programs as well as other programs requesting procedures, according to schedule.
- Plans and implements therapeutic regimens that include both nursing and medical management strategies, including prescription of medications/devices.
- Establishes systematic follow-up for evaluation of the plan of care and reassesses and modifies the plan, as necessary, including initiation of referrals and consultation with physicians and other health care providers as appropriate.
- Assures patient and family teaching is adequate to manage the illness or wellness plan at home.
- Facilitates client participation and promotes self-care by providing information needed to make decisions and choices.
- Facilitates appropriate utilization of the medical system in a cost effective manner without jeopardizing quality of care and service. May be involved in management of critical pathway and case management across the continuum of care as indicated.
- Participates as a team member in providing healthcare, interacting with professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care as a responsible professional.
- Maintains accurate, legible, and confidential records.
- Intermittent weekend coverage of infusion center/urgent care may be needed
- Apply organizational policies, regulations and procedures in administration of patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Master's Degree in Nursing and/or a graduate of an Accredited Physician Assistant School is required; AND Certified as a Nurse Practitioner/or as a Physician Assistant by a national professional organization.
- Current license to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse/Physician Assistant with prescriptive privileges in Colorado. Meets and maintains the requirements of the nursing requirements of the nursing credential review board for the advance practice nurse/physician assistant.
- Current license to practice professional nursing or as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado, USA.
Prefer experience as a Oncology Clinical Nurse Practitioner or Oncology Physician Assistant; Prior experience with Cancer and / or Cancer Clinical trial patients.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s), Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically online at www.josatcu.com, job positing 11284. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Please attach all required documents which include the following data. 1. Cover letter to show that your skills match. 2. Current Curriculum Vitae/Resume. 3. Three (3) current list of professional references with all telephone and e-mail addresses. Note: if you do not include references in your CV/resume, please attach an additional sheet of references. 4. Copy of unofficial education transcripts (Bachelor's + Masters Degrees). 5. Document 1 = Copy of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant certification. Important: Please DO NOT submit documents (via e-mail) to the job posting contact. All applicant materials must be uploaded online at www.jobsatcu.com for final search committee review.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20214 - SOM-MED-Oncology
Posting Date: Sep 29, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Everlyn Sandoval
Posting Contact Email: Everlyn.Sandoval@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00739855