Access Control Technician
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Police Department / Electronic Security Division
Access Control Technician
Position #00665718 - Requisition 11310
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
This full-time, state classified Administrative Assistant III position is responsible for System Software Programming and Administration
- Utilizes specialized software to create and update settings for alarms, time periods, holiday schedules, access clearances, door and elevator unlocks, etc.
- Monitors and executes real time system events such as unlocking doors and elevators
- Generates system reports
- Creates spreadsheets and databases to track door and alarm information System Troubleshooting and Testing
- Investigates system and access complaints, repeated unexplained false alarms, doors not unlocking as scheduled, etc. Utilizes specialized software, live and recorded camera images, field testing and interviews to identify the problem, correct any programming errors and determine whether follow up is needed by vendor, facilities or contractor
- Assists with testing new installs and malfunctioning system points System Data Entry, Badging and Biometrics -
- Completes data entry for system records and badging
- Designs forms for badge and access applications
- Utilizes specialized software, badging cameras and printers to select proper clearances and apply to card access requests
- Takes badge photos and prints and tests badges
- Registers fingerprint information in biometric/smart card systems
- Writes instruction manuals for completing tasks within the system software
- Manages inventory of badging supplies to ensure proper stocking General Office Administration -
- Utilizes standard Microsoft Office software such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, etc. to create forms, schedule badging appointments, answer email requests and maintain electronic records
- Processes daily downloads from CIDEX to build shelled record files
- Creates and maintains office procedures, system instructions and record keeping systems
- Inventories and orders supplies for badging and office * Reviews requests, paperwork and forms for badges, card access and special event unlocks to ensure proper authorization and obtain additional information as needed
- Sets priorities in filing, customer service, labeling equipment in the field, reviewing training materials, etc. Campus Support
- Tours and understands the layout of all buildings on campus regarding door security, basis for certain clearances, location of monitored equipment, vehicle gates, docks and other controlled portals
- Adds and changes equipment labels on monitored laboratory equipment and matches with the appropriate security input
- Supports other police functions as needed or requested And various other duties or tasks as assigned and/or needed.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $3458.00 - $3823.00 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Three years of general clerical or administrative service experience, which included at least one year of experience working in a security or law enforcement environment.
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
SUBSTITUTION: College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the general clerical experience on a year-for-year basis, but not for the one year of specific experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Must be willing and able to pass a Police Department Background Check which will include: Personnel History Questionnaire, Integrity Interview, Polygraph, Finger Print Check, Drug Screen, Credit/Civil Check, Criminal History and Driving Infractions Check, and Reference Checks
- Experience with data entry and maintaining electronic records
- Experience creating or generating Crystal reports
- Experience using electronic security systems/software
- Experience tracking inventories and ordering supplies
- Experience creating and maintaining instructions and manuals
COMPETENCIES / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of electronic security systems and software
- Knowledge of and ability to use badging cameras and printers * Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service and public relation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Willing to learn new skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until October 13, 2017 or until 50 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60039 - ADM-VCAF University Police
Posting Date: Sep 28, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 13, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Ann Shimamoto
Posting Contact Email: Ann.Shimamoto@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00665718