Assistant Project Manager - Hospital PMO
Assistant Project Manager - Hospital PMO-1702949
At Stony Brook Medicine, our Assistant Project Manager provides a single point of contact for clients to ensure that construction and development projects in the area of University facilities are integrated and performed in a timely manner to achieve successful completion. Has overall responsibility to manage, plan, coordinate and integrate activities across multiple functional lines for completing all projects within these programs on schedule, within budget and in accordance with technical requirements.
Duties of a Associate Facilities Program Coordinator may include the following but are not limited to:
- Assists project management staff in oversight of personnel and contract labor personnel performing work on projects. Track time and materials to insure projects are accomplished within funding constraints and allowable performance periods. Assist in initiating requests for adjustments, time, extensions and scope changes when required. Maintains complete project documentation records on all projects and provides monthly status briefing to the Associate Director.
- Assists in notifying appropriate department heads and/or their designees of project activities, scheduling and project progress.
- Works with other University and Hospital units in managing projects to minimize disruption to hospital buildings and systems, utilities and other operational elements.
- Maintains records for budget and construction status. Utilization of Project Mates for records maintenance.
- Assists project management staff in meetings with engineers, architects, and administrators to coordinate and insure the work is done correctly and to code.
- Visit each job site and inspect all work in progress; recommending alternatives to problems in the field. Conduct site inspections/audits to ensure compliance of ICRA permit requirements, ensure that all posted permits are up-to-date. Inspect job sites to ensure work is being done to code, all staff are wearing protective PPE and are following safety protocols as relates to OSHA, PESH, DOH and Joint Commission. Notify the Code Compliance Manager of any violations and initiate remedial actions where necessary.
- Liaison to Physical Plant for new/renovation construction projects. Coordinate construction close-outs with Project Management and Physical Plant. Coordinates and schedules vendor training and walk thrus for physical plant staff. Conducts field visits as required. Prepares O&M manuals and warranties required by the project.
- Updates and maintains departmental electronic documentation systems for various construction and fast track projects, i.e. Project Mates, CPR, Campus Project Request and ATG systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in Liberal Arts, Business, Management or Finance and 2 yrs experience in a construction related field. In lieu of degree, 5 years’ experience in a construction related field. Possess skills in project development, project management, supervision, budgeting, ability to read blue prints and sketches of construction projects. Well-developed communication skills both verbal and written, working knowledge of building codes, fire and safety code requirements. Experience in Hospital or Healthcare Environment is desirable. Computer literacy and experience with spreadsheet and project management programs are essential.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
About Stony Brook Medicine
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: Assistant Facilities Program Coordinator
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Project Office-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30am - 5:00pmProject Office-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Sep 29, 2017
Posting End Date: Oct 13, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Grade: SL3