Office of Analytics and Institutional Research - INFORMATION SYSTEMS & ANALYTICS MANAGER
Vacancy ID S2185 Job Title INFORMATION SYSTEMS & ANALYTICS MANAGER Department Office of Analytics and Institutional Research School/Parent Organization Enrollment Management Parent Org Division Enrollment Management Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 01/02/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
The Office of Analytics and Institutional Research at Ithaca College is seeking an Information Systems & Analytics Manager to assist the Chief Analytics Officer (CAO) and senior leaders of the Enrollment Management Division in managing integrations of various information systems and transforming a broad array of institutional data into strategic and actionable information to advance the College's mission for the creation of an inclusive student-centric learning community focused on student success. Under the guidance of CAO and EM leaders, help implement, upgrade, and manage integrations of various systems and data flows in close collaboration with the Information Technology, the Business Intelligence (BI) team, and functional Information Systems Managers. This includes, but not limited to, student information systems, CRM (Constituent Relationship Management), EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) and various analytical systems. Participate in planning and building a centralized data governance to ensure accuracy, integrity, usability and security of the College's data.
1. Develop and maintain the highest level of expertise and in-depth knowledge of the structure, definition and use of data elements in the College's information systems and EDW; develop and maintain mastery of cutting-edge information system technologies for higher education institutions.
2. Participate in planning and building a centralized data governance system to ensure accuracy, integrity, usability and security of the College's data. Resolve problems pertaining to data inconsistency, and ensure compliance with established College standards.
3. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
4. Collaborate with the College's Business Intelligence (BI) team and develop expertise and in-depth knowledge in the construction, use, and management of cutting-edge BI metadata and data warehousing techniques.
5. As a member of the Enrollment Management Division, assist the Chief Analytics Officer (CAO) and senior leaders of the EM Division (AIR, Admission, Student Financial Services and Career Services) in managing integrations of various student and other information systems and transforming a broad array of institutional data into strategic and actionable information to advance the College's mission for the creation of an inclusive student-centric learning community focused on student success.
6. Under the guidance of CAO and EM leaders, help implement, upgrade, and manage integrations of various systems and data flows in close collaboration with the central IT, Business Intelligence (BI) team, and functional Information Systems Managers. This includes, but not limited to, student information systems, CRM (Constituent Relationship Management), EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) and various analytical systems (e.g., SPSS Modeler).
7. Design, construct, and maintain systems for disseminating information and fostering the culture of data-informed decision making across campus.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 4 years related professional experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience; strategic thinking and drive for results; demonstrated ability, experience, and background in relational databases and data integrations, manipulation and management of various student systems; proven ability to learn quickly and to manage projects in close collaboration with business units and the central IT office; highly trained in SQL and other computer languages; excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment are required. Experience with tools and methodologies specific to big data (e.g., R, Hadoop, Python, or Hive) preferred.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).