Enrollment & Student Access Specialist, #S00148
Enrollment & Student Access Specialist
$25.86 to $34.98 per hour
Online applications must be received by October 8, 2017
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus and College wide, has need for a full-time, Enrollment & Student Access Specialist, S00148. The normal work schedule is Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm, with some evenings until 7pm and weekends as needed. Regular travel is required to other campus and within the community. This positon is temporary with benefits and is funded until June 30, 2018.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College. Make your move!
Serves as customer service and information resource at campus Welcome Center locations for students, parents, and the general public seeking information in person about college courses, programs, and services. Assist in creating a welcoming and inclusive environment. First stop, in-person point of contact, responding to inquiries regarding the academic, student services and administrative areas of the College such as, but not limited to, Admissions, Enrollment Services, Financial Aid, Assessment Centers, and Counseling and Advising.
- Assists students with navigating the College website and all aspects of the student personal information portal (MyMC).
- Responsible for referring current and prospective students, MC employees and the general public to Montgomery College departments and business or administrative offices.
- Interacts with students (prospective and current), parents, and the general public to provide guidance about College programs, and department policies and procedures, academic regulations, tuition and fees, and residency requirements.
- Responsible for providing accurate and consistent information to visitors.
- Maintains thorough documentation of Welcome Center visits.
- Support the recruitment department, Response Center and assist at enrollment focused events as needed.
Provide assistance and guidance to potential and new students throughout the enrollment process. Assist students with understanding each step of the enrollment process; triage, troubleshoot; make appointments and referrals or provide schedules as needed.
- Assist students in completing MC applications
- Provide students with guidance and information about Financial aid applications (FAFSA and MC financial aid forms) and payment information
- Provide information about textbooks and pricing
- Provide information on the mandatory New Student Orientation and Academic Orientation
- Provide campus tours
- Assist students with MC technology- MyMC, web, e-mail, other
- Provide general College information
- Conduct follow-up with prospective students to provide additional assistance, clarifications or reminders about the enrollment process.
Required Qualifications :
- Associates Degree or higher from an accredited regional college or university.
- Two years working in a student services area including customer service, enrollment services, admissions, and/or general financial aid office procedures.
- Proficient in using a personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite applications, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the Internet.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
- Bilingual in one of the most common second languages spoken in the county (Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, French, Amharic), strongly preferred.
- Broad knowledge of student services areas, including FERPA and student confidentiality.
- Familiarity of college-specific automated database systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
- Intercultural knowledge and competence.
- Valid driver's license.
Application Process :
Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment .
Be sure to complete a set of pre-screening questions and e-sign your application.
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Job Customer & Student Services
Primary Location US-MD-Rockville
Organization CW Dean Student Access - GT Student Services
Job Posting Sep 28, 2017, 11:00:00 PM
Unposting Date Oct 6, 2017, 10:59:00 PM