Web Administrator and Developer
Web Administrator and Developer
DCI OFFICE OF RESEARCH SUPPORT
Coordinate and perform a variety of technical and creative duties for website content management using an array of software applications, framework, techniques and tools to design and produce high quality webpages for the Duke Cancer Institute (DCI).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
Responsible for managing the content and web presence as well as the Departmental employee intranet and act as liaison for content residing on these sites.
Adhere to Duke branding and standards as related to the copy portion of the style guide and provide training and assistance on issues regarding content to providers of content as needed.
Ensure that all website content is uploaded to the site on a timely basis, refreshed and updated according to the content schedule and that information and its design flow adheres to branding specifications and is conducive to a user-friendly find/view pattern.
Evaluate all content for its value in search engine optimization according to key word frequency, key word density, formatting, etc.
Ensure overall integrity of websites through constant review of content and by troubleshooting errors.
Provide additional services as requested including, but not limited to management of the secure department intranet for posting of financial and professional general information.
Act as the lead person for the web content by providing oversight to multiple division websites including graphics and content.
Act as departmental liaison to other departments as it relates to web issues.
Evaluate new content for industry accuracy, brand/voice consistency, spelling and grammatical correctness.
Act as liaison to obtain clearance on copyrighted material ensuring all issues are resolved and no PHI is available or collected on any portion of the sites.
Research information/best practices that enhance the value of the website. Work to keep the sites up to date with branding standards and available technologies. Effectively manage, warehouse and catalog all website content assets.
Develop and report access statistics from the websites for evaluation to managers and aid in interpreting results and impact on individual divisions.
Maintain responsibility for overall navigational design of the websites, and provide technical support to divisional content providers in the design of divisional websites.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Attend staff meetings, conferences and trainings as assigned.
And other work as assigned.
1. Basic understanding and experience developing with and administering Drupal, Wordpress or equivalent Content Management System
2. Basic understanding and experience with modern PHP Frameworks including (but not limited to) Symfony, Laravel or Zend Framework
3. Familiarity with one high level programming language (e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Visual Basic, C#).
5. Basic understanding of underlying technologies that support web based applications.
6. Familiarity with code versioning software: Git, SVN, CVS
7. Basic understanding and experience with modern web security best practices. E.g. How to prevent the OWASP top ten web application vulnerabilities.
8. Basic understanding language-specific data structures (e.g., linked lists, dictionaries, classes and objects).
9. Ability to leverage standard algorithms and patterns when writing code.
10. Ability to write good test cases and automated unit tests for all code.
11. Adherence to agreed-upon coding and naming conventions.
12. Basic understanding of database (SQL) concepts, such as normalization, transactions, and simple select statements.
13. Ability to write code according to given requirements.
14. Ability to adequately document code including all functions, methods, and classes.
15. Ability to appropriately diagnose and troubleshoot code and tools.
16. Ability to communicate effectively with peers.
17. Ability to complete tasks as assigned with close oversight.
You will know and comply with the regulations, rules and Standard Operating Procedures required for this position. You will know and comply with Duke's rules, regulations and responsibilities as noted in The Duke Employee Handbook and on the Duke HR website.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
The intent of this job description is to be representative of the level and the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities.
2793 DEPARTMENTAL WEB ADMINISTRATOR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
BA or BS in Math, Science, Computer Science or related field.
A minimum of 2 years of applicable experience required.
Experience with Drupal, Wordpress or Content Management System.
The preferred candidate will have 4 years of experience, training, and/or education.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.