Manager, Student Success
General Statement of Job
Develops and implements district-wide initiatives, strategic plans, tactical actions, procedures and processes for improving student success in collaboration with deans, department chairs and others.
Location Eastview Campus
Note: Subject to Change Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm Salary Manager 2/123 ($49,676.00 - $70,967.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Director of Institutional Analytics Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Current theories and research in college student services including retention and completion strategies.
- Principles and practices associate with Servant-Leadership.
- Familiarity with statistical and analytical methodologies.
- Knowledge of current change management theories.
- Knowledge and understanding of student services processes and procedures, enrollment trends, and ACC culture and academic curricula.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule which may include evenings and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Effective organizational and program development skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in diverse contexts.
- Ability to gather, interpret and communicate the results of quantitative and qualitative statistical data.
- Ability to utilize required technology programs used by student services.
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities that promote excellent customer service in handling of student services.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word-processing, database and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience including one year supervisory experience.
- Completion of the ACC Supervisor Certificate Program will satisfy the supervisory experience required for the position.
Preferred Work Experience
- Two or more years of progressive work experience advising or counseling diverse populations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Master's degree in counseling, data analytics or related field.
- Doctoral degree in Higher Education Administration, Higher Education Leadership or Community College Leadership.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar setting.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with data analytic software, i.e., SaaS and SPSS.
- Experience with Colleague/Ellucian applications.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor (LPC-S), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), LIcensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Psychologist, or comparable state or national licensure.
- Supervise safe operation of unit. Facilitate safety inspections. Take reasonable and prudent actions to eliminate identified hazards. Ensure employees receive appropriate safety training and foster a workplace safety culture.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.