Faculty Position - Department of Developmental and Cell Biology 2017-2018
Open date: September 28th, 2017
Next review date: December 15th, 2017
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: January 31st, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Assistant Professor in Developmental and Cell Biology
As outlined in the UCI Recruit job listing here:
Applications are invited for a faculty position at the level of tenure-track Assistant Professor. Candidates with integrative and quantitative approaches to biological problems in emerging areas critical to the study of development, homeostasis and renewal, both at the tissue and organismal level, are particularly encouraged to apply. Exemplary areas include but are not limited to combining experimental genetics with Big Data analysis, or exploring gene-environment interactions and epigenetic control in the context of developmental systems and disease. The successful applicant is expected to conduct a strong research program and to contribute to the undergraduate and graduate teaching mission of the University of California.
Information on the department is available at http://devcell.bio.uci.edu/. Applications completed by December 15, 2017 will be granted full consideration. For application instructions, please go to the Department of Developmental and Cell Biology Assistant Professor section at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04303. Criteria for research, teaching and diversity statement is available here:
Research Statement (3 pages). This statement should:
- Detail the candidate's specific area of expertise, with a description of their contributions to the field.
- Provide a detailed plan of their future independent research program, and how this program will be leveraged to obtain extramural funding.
- Indicate how the candidate's research program will synergize with the research environment at UCI.
Teaching Statement (1 page). This statement should:
- Indicate the candidate's teaching experiences to date, including experience with teaching/lecturing to undergraduates/graduate students, or other populations, as well as their areas of interest. This should also include mentorship that they have given to others in the line of research or outreach activities.
- Detail the candidate's teaching approaches and philosophies, as to how they will engage in effective teaching strategies.
- Provide evidence (if any) of effectiveness of previous teaching.
Diversity Statement (1 page). The UC Statement on Diversity is available at: http://regents.universityofcalifornia.edu/governance/policies/4400.html. Applicants will be evaluated on their required statements of their contribution to diversity. This statement should:
- Indicate how the candidate has demonstrated awareness of the issues faced by historically underrepresented or economically disadvantaged groups and the benefits of a diverse and inclusive faculty.
- Provide evidence (if any) of the candidate's track record and success in activities aimed at reducing barriers in education or research for underrepresented or disadvantaged groups.
- Detail specific plans (if any) to contribute through campus programs, new activities, or through national or off-campus organizations.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. A recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research - Three Pages 1. Detail specific area of expertise, with description of contributions to the field. 2. detailed plan of future independent research program; 3.how program will synergize w/ UCI's resch. envir. See full criteria in ad
- Statement of Teaching - One Page: 1. Teaching experiences to date, experience with teaching/lecturing to undergraduates/graduate students/other populations/areas of interest; 2.Teaching approaches & philosophies; 3. Evidence of teaching effectiveness - See full criteria in ad
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - One page: 1. Demonstrated awareness of issues faced by underrepresented & economically disadvantaged groups (URM); 2. Evidence of succes at activities aimed at reducing barriers in educ./research for these URM;3. Specific plans - See full criteria in ad
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-5 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now