Staff Associate Institutional Research & Assessment
The salary minimum for this position is $34,657.00 annually (paid on an hourly basis) Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Staff Associate – Institutional Research & Assessment
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus which supports three additional locations. Situated on the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 160 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the Front Range.
The Staff Associate supports functions within the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment. The main focus will be administrative support to the Executive Director, Institutional Research, Grants, and Accreditation. The staff associate will update information on the departments webpages, provide administrative support for grant and accreditation activities, complete external surveys, coordinate internal survey administrations, maintain the course evaluation system and contact students for the alumni survey. Additionally this position will help complete documentation in Campus Labs and support assessment and program evaluation processes.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1. General administrative support for Office of Institutional Research & Assessment, Office of Grants, and Accreditation activities. Includes budget monitoring, arranging travel for office staff, scheduling meetings for various reasons, point of contact for report requests, dashboard issues/requests, survey requests, general filing and organization of department share drive.
2. Enter internally developed surveys into Campus labs. Produce reports from campus labs when surveys are complete and send to Assessment specialist or appropriate contact.
Be the point of contact for requests for surveys. Contact requestor and get clarification, set up meetings if needed or follow up with any needed questions. When necessary, post results of surveys to the institutional webpage or public webpage depending on the information and need.
3. Collaborate with others in office to generate lists for the employee and student surveys. Work with the vendor to set up the student and employee surveys. Receive materials or schedule IPADS/Chrome books for use with surveys.
Recruit and schedule other Aims staff to administer surveys. Evaluate process and look for ways to improve when possible.
4. Complete internal and external surveys on time and accurately. These include but are not limited to the Common data set, National community college benchmark project, Wintergreen Orchard, National center for educational statistics, and Alumni Survey. Once surveys have been completed and reviewed the surveys are posted to the department website either internally or externally.
5. Administer and organize course evaluation administrations each semester. Includes, inputting courses, students, and instructors into the course evaluation tool. Create administration for course evaluations to be administered to students. Contacting instructors to administers course evaluations for in class administrations when needed.
Track response rates and communicate with the Associate Dean to decide actions needed if problems seem to be arising. Review the process each semester and evaluate how the semester progressed. Provide a summary report of the semester. Include number of activities completed and the impact to the response rate.
6. The Staff Associate will support the Office of Grants with specific administrative duties such as: troubleshoot basic grant life cycle related questions, Time and Effort reports distribution and processing, grants management software data entry and reporting duties, grant documentation creation and routing, maintain accurate grant tracking, budgeting & grant reviewing.
7. Program Evaluation and Assessment support. Collaborate with Assessment Coordinator and Associate Dean to collect data and information from evaluation and assessment activities. This may include scheduling meetings and/or attending meetings to collect information, connecting data between surveys and Campus labs process documentation. Working with various departments and communicating with them on the information needed for submission. Sending data to departments when needed to support assessment and evaluation activities.
8. Update department website by collaborating with the web master to post enrollment summaries, IPEDS data, SURDS summaries, reports developed from student surveys and other data sources that are of a public nature.
9. Entering documentation and supporting documents into Campus Labs. Collaborate with Assessment of student learning, program evaluation, strategic planning office, and others to collect documentation on processes, action projects, assessment and evaluation and other information needed for campus labs and enter data into the Campus Labs tool. Train others on the use of campus labs when needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Associate degree plus three (3) years' of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, in a customer service oriented organization, which would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); exceptional verbal and written communication skills; self-motivated and ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and the ability to work as a team player with a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility.
The selected candidate for this position will have the following skills: well organized, a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, self-starter, quick-learner, problem solver, critical thinking & analysis, and adaptable.
Six months experience in a higher education institution
Experience with Microsoft Project
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
Experience using Ellucian Banner, Argos, Data Cookbook, Campus Labs, Survey Monkey, and/or EMSI
Full-time 40 hours/week - Monday through Friday
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the "Work Experience" section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the "Required Documents" section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement,
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2504
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- Craig's List
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Longmont Times
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document