Business Development Manager
We are a manufacturing company looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM). The BDM is the company's primary contact with accounts and prospects in a geographic sales territory. He/she is expected to spend 80+% of his/her workweek on sales responsibilities, which includes soliciting orders, marketing and selling the company's services, and representing the company in accordance with its policies. This position is considered "exempt" from overtime pay, as it is an outside sales position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Aggressively solicits orders from present and prospective customers for the company's services and carry out marketing and sales programs as directed.
2. Assumes responsibility of specific territory and all business aspects of that territory including sales, marketing, and financial (profitability).
3. Maintains, increases, and maximizes the sales volume of accounts and market share by developing sales strategies for every contact and prospect by using analysis and account penetration.
4. Maintains updated competitors' information, i.e.: their services and practices, and keep management informed concerning them.
5. Assists in developing sales forecasts, territory potentials, workload analysis, call programs and territory management.
6. Prepares and submits various customer and sales activity reports as required and any special reports regarding the operation of the territory, acceptance or products, or competitive conditions as may be requested.
7. Maintains up-to-date customer records and other sales records in accordance with company instructions.
8. Efficiently and profitably controls the sales cycle: (prospecting, telemarketing, presentations, quotations, objections, closing orders, order placement, project follow-up and delivery), coordinates all aspects of projects with company production facilities keeping accurate records of all transactions between client, technical advisor and factory.
9. Sells our capabilities per company policies and procedures by communicating our services/benefits and coordinating them with the customer's needs in a profitable manner. 10. Other duties may be assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
1. Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Minimum 2 years' experience in marketing, sales or account management of technology related products or services in a B2B sales environment.
3. Prior work experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
4. Knowledge of additive manufacturing, CNC machining, vacuum casting, injection molding and tooling technologies used in rapid prototyping and manufacturing.
5. Knowledge of 3D CAD software.
6. Knowledge and understanding of all business development activities.
7. Strong drive for customer focus, results, and commitment to quality.
8. Fluent in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
9. Excellent problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
10. Ability to work well with others.
Compensation: DOE. Full benefit package available after successful completion of introductory period.
ARRK is one of the world's largest product development specialists. ARRK's origins date back to 1948 in Osaka, Japan and its evolution into a global leader of product development. Over time the business has grown through a process of acquisitions and mergers resulting in an organization today that has companies strategically located around the world. The ARRK Corporation has over 3,300 employees and over 20 locations worldwide.
At ARRK, we believe in an integrated approach to product development that is backed at every stage by exceptional engineering skill, cutting edge technology, and expert guidance. We are committed to having the best realization team around the world to create a diverse culture of exchanging ideas. We are completely focused on maintaining and improving quality standards, ensuring our clients receive a superior caliber of product development solutions.
ARRK's customer achievements can be found across all industries with an emphasis on medical, consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace, and defense. We are dedicated to craftsmanship and quality is non-negotiable. We are a customer-centric company and the only way we know how to do business is to build a partnership from day one.
Los Angeles, CA
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 10:52:52 PDT