Field Service Technician
Field Engineer - Grandview, MO
Why join the Bear family? We offer an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment. Bear Communications is committed to the pursuit of growth and use of innovative technologies to improve our company and increase our service offerings. We envision a future where our company is the number one communications provider in the region.
Why else? We offer an inclusive benefits package for all full-time employees, including 401k, medical, dental and vision. Plus paid training, company vehicle, tools, and test equipment, competitive hourly wage + overtime, a monthly productivity bonus, 1 week paid vacation at 6 months, and 2 weeks paid vacation at your first year anniversary!
We are searching for technologically inclined candidates with a strong commitment to providing exceptional, quality work to our clients and who are looking to become a long term Bear family member.
Will train the right person, if no previous experience!
- Ability to carry, climb and maneuver an 80-pound, 28-foot extension ladder.
- Educate customers regarding their existing and new services while promoting our Client's other services
- Installing and/or repairing cable TV and high speed data or digital services inside and outside of residential homes
- Performs upgrades, downgrades, pre-wiring and dwelling installations
- Install drops, outlets, converters, cable modems, digital terminals and other cable system devices
- Measuring, recording and determining cable signals
- Maintains company truck and other equipment per service requirements and safety guidelines
- Daily use of hand and power tools
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with a major (MSO) preferred
- Previous direct customer service experience required
- Complete quality installations
- Distinguish different colors of wire
- Present a positive, professional, and courteous image to our customers
- Complete daily essential paperwork
- Willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (i.e. snow, wind, rain, etc.)
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess with following attributes:
- Strong work ethic relating to quality and attendance
- Progressive troubleshooting skills
- Capable to use full-range of motion in fingers, hand and wrists to operate necessary tools/equipment
- Prepared to sit, stand, stop, crouch, reach and lift for long periods of time
- Aptitude for driving and operating a motor vehicle for long periods of time
Bear Communications, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. Females, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply!
Bear Communications landed its first major contract in Lawrence, Kansas in 2005. From there, Bear Communications grew rapidly, expanded our offerings, and built a staff of over 300 employees operating in multiple states. Through trial and error over the years, Bear Communications was able to establish itself as a full service communications contractor with a reputation for doing great work. Bear Communications is committed to the pursuit of growth and use of innovative technologies to improve our company and increase our service offerings. We envision a future where our company is the number one communications provider in the region.
Because of our success, Bear Communications now focuses on providing exceptional service - quality over quantity. We are large enough to take on major projects around the country, but not so large that we treat our employees or clients as numbers.
Today, Bear Communications is proud to say that it has a long list of happy clients and glowing recommendations.
Kansas City, MO
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 12:24:15 PDT