AV Field Engineer
• Works closely with design engineering and is responsible for all field activities; to include configuration of equipment per documentation provided by Design Engineering,
• Interfaces with manufacturers on manufacturers commissioning,
• Provides feedback to Engineering on design issues and obtains approval for any design changes,
• Responsible for providing (legible) red-lined drawings to Design Engineering,
• Works closely with Design Engineering to update as-built drawings,
• Responsible for equipment configuration; to include firmware upgrades, configuring EDID, setting IP addresses, and setting serial baud rates,
• Will load and test audiovisual control system programing; to include AMX, Crestron, and Extron,
• Will perform configuration on equipment such as video switchers, audio mixers, data switches, audio DSP engines, wall processors, control system controllers, VTC codecs, etc.
• Represents ITI in the field at customer sites,
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance,
• All other duties as assigned by management.
• Ability to read electrical circuit and equipment diagrams.
• Ability to follow and apply knowledge gained from blueprints and instructions for the assembly of all electronic system components.
• Ability to use basic tools; such as pliers, wire cutters, soldering irons and test equipment; i.e. oscilloscopes, waveform analyzers, voltmeters, and other related test equipment in the field.
• Must possess a broad understanding of Audio Visual and VTC related equipment and worked as an Engineer on a number of projects.
Bachelor of Science Degree, Electronic/Computer Engineering. Relevant field experience and/or training may be substituted for the degree.
Up to five (5) years combined experience in the following areas: Systems design, installation, configuration, programming, and on-site project management
• Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and SharePoint.
• Experience with AutoCAD and/or VidCAD software a plus.
• Hold appropriate certifications by an industry accredited institution; such as: AMX, Crestron, Extron, Biamp, ClearOne, Extron, Polycom, Vidyo, Lifesize, and Cisco.
• Infocomm - CTS or an equivalent military organization, etc.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Operate most types of AV systems and equipment.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment problems.
• Program and configure AV equipment such as Polycom, Biamp, Crestron, AMX, Cisco/Tandberg, DSP's, matrix mixers and switchers, codecs (Tandberg, Polycom)
• Configure IP addressable devices such as routers, switches, servers.
• Contribute on projects from initial estimating phase through final inspections and commissioning.
• Be willing to work both "in house" and in the field when required.
• Competent with windows based software such as MS Office and projects.
• Interact with clients in a professional manner.
Additional skills and abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
• Superior customer service skills.
• Ability to multitask.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with a diverse group.
• Proficiency in the use of personal computers including programs such as: MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
• The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and sit for an extended period of time.
• Some light lifting is required.
• Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
MCW is headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia, MCW is a global provider of cost effective, innovative and reliable technology systems in support of managed IT, network infrastructure, audiovisual applications, unified communications and security. Founded in 2003, MCW has the experience and certifications necessary for navigating complex IT challenges and implementing advanced technology solutions. Additional locations include Columbia, MD and New York City.
Mon, 25 Sep 2017 10:36:41 PDT