Assistant Director of Nursing
We are seeking a Assistant Director of Nursing to join our team! You will assist in the daily care of intellectual disabled individuals that we support.
- Supervises facility nurses in day to day delivery of nursing services.
- Monitor systems for delivery of quality nursing services, including agency's medical quality assurance plan.
- Interview applicants and manage hiring process for new nurses.
- Provide initial orientation and ongoing training of facility nurses.
- Perform ongoing reviews of nursing services and medical documentation.
- Coordinate nursing audit preparation.
- Oversee composition of and compliance with nursing responses in Plans of Corrective Action.
- Provide nursing coverage, either directly or in conjunction with contract nursing, in the event of nursing vacancies.
- Serve as back-up for nurse on call via cell phone.
- Coordinates OMRDD mandated diabetes training for all facilities serving diabetics.
- Attend interdisciplinary meetings as necessary or as assigned by Director of Nursing.
- Provide support and assistance during crisis situations.
- Attend committees as assigned or in absence of Director of Nursing.
- Supervise facility nurses and perform other duties as assigned.
- Registered Professional Nurse with licensure from New York State Education Department, bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years managerial nursing experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a variety of nursing milieus including developmental disabilities nursing; broad nursing knowledge base and strong clinical skills.
- Report to Vice President of Nursing.
Founded in 1951, Lifespire, Inc. is recognized as a leader in providing services to over 5,000 adults with developmental disabilities and is committed to the principle that all individuals with a developmental disability are able to become contributing members of their families and communities. Lifespire, Inc. also recently received a Person Centered Excellence Accreditation through the Council on Quality and Leadership. It is Lifespire's aim to provide individuals with the assistance and support necessary so that they can attain the skills to maintain themselves in their community in the most integrated and independent manner.
New York, NY
Sat, 23 Sep 2017 10:54:39 PDT