Senior Information Technology Network Engineer
CURRENT DESCRIPTION - SENIOR SYSTEM ENGINEER - PROJECT
Provide development and maintenance plans client networks
Oversee transition in to production
Participate in the design of information and operation support systems
Provide Network Administration service to include but not limited to account management, Active Directory support and data backups.
Analyze, diagnose. and troubleshoot users needs to include hardware and software issues.
Communicate with client (and internal) end user and management groups regarding infrastructure design, maintenance and administration.
Perform against established SLA`s and Metric's to exceed client expectations
Support team at all levels
Accurately document client infrastructures, manage system configurations, create flowcharts, diagrams, manuals and other documentation.
Complete assigned projects and support tickets while accurately recording time and activities.
Demonstrate initiative, independent judgment and utilize established procedures to address client needs.
Organize work, set and manage multiple priorities and meet critical time deadlines.
Support, install, configure and upgrade network operating systems and applications using standard industry best practices.
Design and implement secure systems and data backup solutions.
Apply knowledge of computing systems and software structure.
Actively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Work closely with the sales team and the customer to identify business and technology needs and assist with architecting the solution.
Provide guidance and recommendations on topics such as networking, capacity planning, performance tuning, administration, security, and remote monitoring.
Communicate project status, activities and findings in oral and written formats.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities
• Effective time management
• Problem solving skills to include the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Openness to others' ideas and willingness to try new things.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to successfully present technical information
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Attention to detail
• Ability to thrive in a team environment
• Ability to travel to remote locations
• Proven ability to delight the customer - 100% of the time.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Minimum of ten 10 years of experience in Windows desktop and/or server installation, design, maintenance and support
• A+ and Net+ certifications or equivalent experience required
• Deep understanding of
o Server 2003/2008/2012
o Virtualization Technologies -VMware/Hyper-v
o Deep VMware Experience
o Microsoft Exchange 2003-2013 & Office 365
o HP & Dell Server and Blade Server Experience
o Corporate Antivirus and Anti-SPAM Systems
o Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Solution Expert, VMware VCP, CISSP, SANS GIAC
o Storage Platforms (preferably EqualLogic, NetApp, EMC & Synology)
• Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
• Experience in cloud based solutions.
• Experience with automation software
• Solid scripting skills
• Knowledge of telephone systems and basic telephone cabling
• Experience in access control and security camera functionality
• Basic knowledge of wireless and remote/monitoring systems
• Experience with outside carriers to support telephone, cable access control, security and wireless services
StoredTech is the areas Leading IT firm.
With a growth of over 802% in the last 5 years we are constantly looking at adding the best and the brightest to an already amazing team.
Are you in the top 5% of your industry?
Looking for a change?
Wed, 27 Sep 2017 05:49:40 PDT