Sr. Software Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer - Lehi, Utah
The successful Senior Software Engineer candidate will be an energetic and enthusiastic self-starter ready for the opportunity to advance the company's platforms. We are searching for a person who is dedicated to their craft, writes code that they are proud of, and can hit the ground running. If this describes you, then we need you to design and write efficient, scalable, and maintainable PHP in a timely manner that adheres to our standards while improving the code-base of our products in meaningful ways. You will be a part of a sharp, industrious, and creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development, from the initial specification, through development, testing, deployment, and post-launch support.
Responsibilities: Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle: produce detailed specifications; write clean, efficient, and well-designed code adhering to best practices; test thoroughly; and support all code after deployment Unit testing and active participation in software code reviews. Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency, performance, and scaling. Work closely with technology, product, and business leadership to imagine, design, build, and expand upon the features, functions, and toolsets we provide to our customers. Own the technical execution and delivery of multiple stories and evolving epics, and projects, within a specific sprint and across multiple sprints - operate as a key member of your scrum team to collaboratively execute against our business and product roadmaps. Create and maintain relevant technical documentation. Execute within, and help manage, the company's software development lifecycle. Assist in the configuration and support of development, staging, and production web, application, and database environments. Identify new technologies which will enhance our internal and customer-facing services and our development-related processes
• 5+ years of practical experience in the development of commercial-grade web-based software applications using PHP or other scripting languages (Python/Ruby/Perl). Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A record of collaborative software development with an eye towards accomplishing the business goals of the company. Consistent record of success working closely with product and business managers.
• A passion for pursuing new and bold ideas within the context of a business priority driven environment. Ability to identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines.
• A passion for operating within best practices for design and coding. Experience in software lifecycles, software configuration management, and change control.
• Exceptional understanding of PHP frameworks. Solid development experience with all tiers of a three-tier architecture.
• Experience with data model design and the implementation and support of SQL databases.
• Experience developing services within aService Oriented Architecture.
• Experience in common third party APIs (Google, Facebook, etc.). BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with Scrum and agile development frameworks. Strong understanding of Design Patterns concepts.
• Solid experience with single page application frameworks.
• Experience with web content management. Good understanding of SQL, database interaction, and database structure/design.
• Object Oriented development.
• Experience in debugging and problem-solving complex systems.
Wed, 27 Sep 2017 12:54:56 PDT