Job Summary: ESG is seeking an Analyst to join its Cybersecurity team. ESG Analysts gain a unique view of the technology industry by interacting with all constituencies across the IT ecosystem, including vendors, end-users, financial analysts, media, and channel partners. This unique perspective enables ESG Analysts to provide clients with sound, insightful intelligence to inform their most critical business decisions and guide their key initiatives.
The ideal Analyst candidate will possess 6-8+ years of direct and/or related experience in fields such as cybersecurity vendor marketing, product marketing, sales or consulting; IT industry analysis and market research; IT media; or experience as a security manager/practitioner. Candidates must possess intellectual curiosity, technology industry knowledge and expertise, superior writing and presentation skills, outstanding client relations skills, experience conducting survey- and interview-based market research, and an ability to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
The ESG Cybersecurity Analyst will be responsible for providing market coverage and client support as part of ESG's Cybersecurity team.
The Analyst will be expected to cover, research, and write on such security-related topics as:
- Identity and access management (i.e., strong authentication, password management, single sign-on)
- Data security (i.e., data encryption, data classification, data leakage prevention, enterprise risk management, etc.)
- Cloud security (e.g., CASB, etc.)
- Network security (i.e., firewall, IDS / IPS, network encryption, vulnerability scanning, etc.)
- Application and database security (i.e., application firewalls, database monitoring tools, etc.)
- Endpoint/mobile security (i.e., anti-virus, anti-spyware, mobile security, etc.)
- Web and messaging security (i.e., URL filtering, virus scanning, anti-SPAM, etc.)
- Security management and operations (i.e., SIEM, log management, patch management, etc.)
- Security analytics
- Managed security services
Supporting this market segment will include, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Create and publish client-sponsored content including whitepapers, webinars, and videos
- Initiate and develop ongoing segment coverage, content and themes. This includes: scheduling and conducting regular briefings with IT vendors; publishing regular Market Landscape Reports on a defined market segment; regularly publishing other ESG publications (i.e., briefs, blogs, etc.) based on industry events, product/solution/service announcements, and other material industry activity.
- Develop segment research topics, and execute syndicated, multi-client, and custom research projects as agreed upon by the ESG Research and Analyst management team. This will include conducting both quantitative/survey-based and qualitative/interview-based primary research.
- Deliver ESG client advisory services (i.e., consulting) that advise ESG clients on subject matters related to designed segment coverage area. These advisory services may entail:
- Guiding IT vendors on market trends, competitive analysis, product/strategy feedback, business plan review and other forms of strategic guidance
- Assisting venture capital firms and other institutional investors with expert opinion on market dynamics and specific technologies and vendors
- Advising IT professionals on best practices, vendor selection, as well as other consulting engagements
- Maintain a visible, public-facing market presence that leverages and highlights segment-relevant research, analysis, and analyst opinion via social media (blog, Twitter, etc.) and speaking engagements (client-sponsored events, industry trade events, etc.)
ESG Analysts also play a key role in providing sales and marketing support for ESG products and services. Responsibilities in this area include:
- Creating appropriate marketing strategies for relevant ESG content and offerings
- Proactively and reactively working with media outlets to promote new research findings and analyst opinions
- Taking an active role in identifying sales opportunities and assisting ESG Client Relations staff in product positioning, project scoping, and proposal generation
- Support all business development efforts as requested by ESG's Client Relations team
Desired Experience & Skills:
- 6-8+ years of direct and/or related experience in fields such as cybersecurity vendor marketing, product marketing, product management, business development, sales or consulting; IT industry analysis and market research; IT media; or experience as a security manager/practitioner
- Cybersecurity or other technology vendor experience strongly preferred
- Previous IT analyst/firm experience a plus, but not required
- Proven industry knowledge, research and analysis skills, documented writing ability, superior project management and client relations skills, strong presentation skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have above-average intellectual curiosity and ability to quickly learn new topic areas as warranted by projects
- Must be able to take initiative in all aspects of job and be comfortable working both independently and in team environments
- Must be willing to work in a small, entrepreneurial company
- Must be comfortable working in a project-based, deadline-driven environment
- BA/BS required. Advanced degree preferred, but not necessary
- Geographic location in Greater Boston (MA) ) strongly preferred
ESG's team is made up of insightful and spirited people who think creatively to grow a business dedicated to quality. We are experts in areas of high technology such as information security, cloud, data management, storage, data protection, etc. and provide analyst and consulting services to our clients. If you'd like to become a member of this team and join a company that's enthusiastic about personal growth and fulfillment, contact us today!
Sun, 24 Sep 2017 13:00:02 PDT