General Manager - Restaurant Manager
Stores locations in - Arlington, Grand Praiare, North Richland Hills, Bedford, Hurst
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Assumes full responsibility for operations, training and development of all employees within a Sonic Drive-in; including the execution of all policies, programs and systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The fundamental and primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assumes full responsibility for insuring that the drive-in operates in a manner that provides consistent day-to-day operations and guest satisfaction, in compliance with the Sonic System.
- Prepares employee work schedules in a timely manner to ensure continuous ability to properly serve guests while controlling labor hours within guidelines.
- Effectively manages the drive-in's cost control procedures for food, labor, paper and inventory.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory levels to insure product availability.
- Works effectively with and monitors performance of vendors.
- Immediately resolves guest requests and complaints in a respectful manner.
- Participates in management training and career development programs.
- Determines compensation levels of drive-in employees within company guidelines.
- Recruits, interviews & hires crew & management team members to achieve proper staffing levels.
- Responsible for orientation and training of all employees.
- Initiates and implements career development plans for all employees.
- Effectively directs employees in the performance of drive-in operations.
- Provides constructive performance feedback to all employees.
- Implements and oversees the performance appraisal process for drive-in employees.
- Manages employee compliance with the drive-in employee handbook, policies and practices and takes appropriate action to address employee violations of such standards.
- Assumes full responsibility for insuring that the work environment is free of discrimination, harassment and inappropriate conduct.
- Prepares drive-in related reports in a timely manner.
- Assumes full responsibility for insuring that all employees are in compliance with cash handling policies and banking procedures.
- Develops and executes drive-in priorities and objectives, including meeting current sales and profit goals. Develops and oversees implementation of appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable financial and/or sales trends.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Sonic's food safety program, including Sonic Safe, and all health and sanitation laws and regulations. Takes immediate corrective action when necessary.
- Maintains a safe work environment by requiring compliance with all safety and security procedures.
- Provides safety training programs to all employees.
- Immediately documents specifics of all guest or employee accidents and incidents and reports them appropriately.
- Performs other job-related duties, such as conducting crew and management meetings, developing and implementing action plans based on mystery shop results and/or other customer service indicators and participating in all drive-in audits.
Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and laws relating to employment and labor practices, Equal Employment Opportunity and wage and hour compliance.
- Leadership and supervisory practices and skills.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Problem solving, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Time Management skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task primary job responsibilities.
- Ability to follow-up with employees to complete assigned duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Three (3) years of restaurant management experience, which includes P&L responsibility. Advanced studies in business, restaurant management, or related field are preferred. Proven experience managing all shifts without supervision.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires considerable bending, stooping, lifting, and stretching. Also requires the ability to work within the confined area of the drive-in and work under significant time constraints; such as, delivering food orders and making accurate change within a 2-4 minute time frame. Requires long periods of standing and the ability to lift, push, or pull a maximum of 50 lb with or without assistance. Requires frequent immersing of hands in water to wash and rinse food and/or small wares. Working environments both inside and outside the drive-in are variable as a result of weather conditions. Requires ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends, and holidays. Requires ability to be on-call 24 hours a day and work a minimum of 55 hours per week.
Candidates must be able to perform the fundamental job duties and responsibilities satisfactorily, must possess the requisite knowledge and education or experience and must be able to meet the job's working conditions and physical requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary to enable qualified individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job as set forth in this job description and as otherwise determined by management.
Mon, 18 Sep 2017 21:24:11 PDT