IT Consultant/Computer Technician
The Senior/Junior Tech will be part of a dynamic team that is responsible for Customer IT infrastructure. Specifically, the equipment this individual would be working with daily would include but not be limited to PC's, laptops, servers, printers, switches, routers, and appliances. This technician will use his/her experience and education to ensure a consistent, scalable, and high quality product and service is delivered to our user community, in both local and remote scenarios.
- Provide effective and timely responses to normal technology and application issues that arise in support of user requests.
- Support end user needs either remotely or On-Site
- Monitor enterprise systems with regard to performance, reliability, capacity and execute appropriate changes as needed.
- Perform common administration tasks on critical server, network, and peripheral equipment, ensuring industry standard configurations and security models.
- Manage assigned projects through their full lifecycle, from envisioning and design to implementation and testing.
- Manage company asset and software licensing inventory, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Provisioning and deploying end user equipment and peripherals.
- Manage existing vendor relationships setting appropriate expectations.
- Act as an advocate and driver of security initiatives and standards.
- Provide timely and accurate billing entries utilizing CRM software.
- Accurate accounting of all service and parts provided to clients.
- A successful person in this role must be comfortable with taking on responsibilities as required and continually looking for opportunities to improve the enterprise technology infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is desired.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (XP, 7, 8, 2K3, 2K8, 2K12)
- Experience administering a Microsoft Active Directory environment and subordinate services (ie DNS, DHCP, IIS, etc)
- Expertise managing Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013
- A comprehensive understanding of Cisco networking methodologies with proven experience administering Cisco switches routers and ASA's is desirable but not required.
- Experience in physical environments that would be specific to Ethernet or phone wiring is a plus.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and able to work alone or as part of a team.
- The successful candidate must present well to a client environment and be able to work with all levels of management at the client sites.
- This candidate should possess sufficient communication skills to interact with end users of all technical abilities either on-site or remotely.
- Attention to detail and proper record keeping skills is required.
- Candidate must be able to pass drug tests and CORI.
Sun, 24 Sep 2017 07:31:32 PDT