Test Engineer - Lehi, Utah
Test Engineer with comprehensive experience designing, developing, and executing manual functional/integration test cases.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS Education and Experience:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen eligible for U.S. Security Clearance
• BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Information Systems
• 2+ years of Software QA Experience
• Experience testing on various platforms from web-based to embedded systems
• Experience generating a test plan/strategy from system requirements and then create test cases and maintain them
• Experience with Automation tools and scripting
• Experience with relational databases and SQL
• Experience with source-control (i.e., GIT, CVS, etc)
• Create/execute smoke test suite when new major builds are ready to be released
• Create regression test suite and execute before major releases are pushed to production.
• Refine regression test cases that need to be run based upon the code base that has changed. Work with the software engineers on deciding how the regression test suite needs to be refined.
• Decide which test cases are affected by software changes.
• Participate with the team in requirements refinement
• Estimate work with software engineers and make weekly commitments on what will be completed.
• Find and log defects/bugs found during testing
• Based upon knowledge of the application, assign priority to bugs that are found during testing
• Must be able to manage time effectively and manage many tasks throughout the day. Ability to context switch quickly is required.
• Current U.S. security clearance is preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Great attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills
• Strong critical thinking/problem-solving skills
• Experience working in a team-oriented atmosphere
• High degree of professionalism and maturity with ability to work independently, problem solve, and make decisions with limited supervision
• Ability to adapt to changes, delays, and unexpected events
• Exercise good judgment, keeping in mind company policies and procedures Responsibilities
• Contribute to the delivery of high quality software from design to release
• Manually test the product with an eye for usability from the user's perspective
• Report bugs in a clear and concise manner and be prepared to support the team in troubleshooting the root cause
• Ensure comprehensive coverage of test suites
• Help set milestones to ensure that software is delivered on time
Fri, 15 Sep 2017 14:06:24 PDT