LVN Nursing Supervisor
The LVN Nursing Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operations of an assigned department. Works with the employees on the floor to assist and monitor the nursing care. Participates as a member of the nursing administrative team
Reports directly to the Site Administrator/Manager or Supervising Manager/Director as designated. Has regular interaction with the group medical director, physicians, patients, health plans and peers. Where appropriate, regular interaction with Site Administrator/Manager.
Where the oversight of staff is required: Monitor and evaluate employee job performance in a timely fashion; working knowledge of applicable state and federal labor laws which impact employee vacation time, sick time, FMLA and OT compensation. Where oversight is process based: Assure and implement quality medical management and cost containment health services to patients. Considerable and regular engagement in a full range of supervisory duties and responsibilities among assigned staff. Follow up on patient concerns and submit report to Quality Management in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are exemplary essential job duties and responsibilities and are not intended to represent an all-inclusive listing of related essential functions of the position
- Demonstrate proficiency in managing the work of the employees in the nursing areas as assigned.
- Participate in orientation of new personnel in your department.
- Assess and evaluate proficient technical nursing skills needed in the department you are supervising.
- Prepare annual performance appraisals and conduct review meetings with employees.
- Attend regular nursing administration meetings and distribute information to staff in your department.
- Schedule all personnel and manage time and attendance including proficiency in Kronos for Payroll.
- Implement and participate in quality improvement studies for Nursing.
OTHER WORK AS REQUIRED/REQUESTED
May be assigned special project or other assignments and work tasks that are generally within the scope and level of the position, and relative to the need for flexible Company operations.
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum: Graduation from an accredited LVN school of nursing, or have completed coursework allowing candidate to challenge the VN Board of Nursing and attain LVN designation.
Minimum: At least two years experience as an LVN.
Preferred: Five years experience with knowledge of management skills.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
Current State of California LVN licensure. BLS Certification and IV/Phlebotomy Certification. Non-Certified IV candidates will be considered, but must obtain certification within 6 months of hire or transfer.
ACLS and/or PALS may be required depending on the department.
Valid California driver's license required and insurability under the company's insurance carrier standards as applicable to job requirements.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Personal skills including, patient teaching; excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills, both verbal and written; and, a high level of problem solving and priority setting skills.
• Good working knowledge and intermediate/advanced use of Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and use of the Internet.
• Strong organizational and leadership abilities. Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; to work quickly, accurately and independently; to anticipate needs and solve problems; to handle stressful situations; and a demonstrated ability with organizational, operational and management skills where necessary.
• Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including patient and employee information.
• Ability to successfully uphold the established customer service standards and Company Mission Statement.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, grasp, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Beaver Medical Group is one of the largest medical groups in Southern California with many services located on-site. Over 170 physicians, along with other medical professionals including Optometrists, Physical Therapists, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and Health Educators practice in 25 specialties.
OUR MISSION is to deliver exceptional quality healthcare management, professional and support services with a firm commitment to excellence, integrity and innovation, making a lasting difference in the lives of patients and our communities.
We collaborate with medical groups and health care providers, offering expertise and insight to meet their unique challenges.
Our patient services are built on a foundation of compassion, trust and respect.
We strive to build an outstanding team, offering opportunities for growth, recognition and reward in an environment of open communication, trust and mutual respect.
Our services will grow and improve as we create value for our investors and provide mutual benefit for our partners.
Sun, 24 Sep 2017 09:10:40 PDT