ASSISTANT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: General Manager
Purpose of Job
To create positive memories for all who touch our brand. To assist the General Manager (GM) in
executing specific aspects of the restaurant operations, which may include financial performance, product production, inventory, personnel, sales, and marketing. To set high standards and create a great
environment for the team to work.
• Manage entire operation of restaurant during scheduled shifts. Strive for operational levels that meet
or exceed the Fan's expectations in the areas of quality, service and atmosphere, creating value
through an excellent experience and a fair price. Accurately complete designated duties such as
inventory control, ordering of products, cash control.
• Ensure that shift leads and crew are trained and fully knowledgeable on all PRIDE systems and
routines, product recipes, food safety practices and restaurant safety practices.
• Ensure that all PRIDE systems and routines are incorporated into the day-to-day operations of the
restaurant, setting each scheduled shift up for success.
• Assist in the execution of the restaurant's business plan as directed by the GM, taking advice and
coaching from the owner, GM, Business Consultants, field staff or territory operator.
• Understand how to react to issues impacting the restaurant's profit & loss (P&L) to optimize sales and
profit, such as analyzing COGS and taking corrective action if necessary, maintaining inventory,
projecting restaurant demand changes throughout the year and adjusting labor accordingly, ensuring
that cash control/security procedures are followed, and understanding the P&L implications of workers'
• Assist the GM with developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks and
frequency of Fan visits.
• Ensure that Fan service in all areas meets or exceeds company standards.
• Establish standards for the management team and crew to handle customer concerns.
• Ensure that customer complaints are promptly and appropriately addressed to resolve the problem
and ensure that each dissatisfied customer becomes a return Fan.
• Understand the importance of speed of service and resolve bottlenecks in work flow.
• Build relationships with return or preferred patrons.
Team Member Leadership
• Accomplish store objectives by assisting the GM with hiring, training, coaching and developing shift
leads and crew members to build a highly skilled and productive team.
• Assist the GM with thorough training and new hire orientations; clearly communicate job
expectations; monitor each employee and manager's performance and job contributions, provide
ongoing and helpful feedback against expectations.
• Role model and enforce policies and procedures.
• At a minimum, have a basic understanding of how to prepare hourly employee schedules to meet the
staffing requirements for each day part and seasonal demands, as determined by the GM. Ideally,
should be able to perform this task for review and approval by the GM.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all restaurant staff to foster and promote a cooperative
and pleasant working climate, which will be conducive to maximizing employee morale, productivity
Health and Safety Standards
• Must be ServSafe® certified.
• Assist the GM with ensuring that Food Safety is the top training priority in store operations. Ensure
that proper hand washing, product rotation procedures, and temperature logging are visible and
active behaviors. Role model and enforce safe food handling practices.
• Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing
sanitation standards and procedures, complying with health and legal regulations and maintaining
security systems or routines.
• Understands how to react in the event of an emergency such as a workers compensation accident, a robbery, etc.
• Bring useful ideas to management about how to attract new Fans and increase restaurant sales
through marketing promotions and activities.
• May assist the GM in some assigned aspects of local store marketing activities and projects such as
public and community relations programs, evaluating local competitors' store marketing, identifying
and tracking changing consumer demands.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the GM.
• Minimum 1-3 years of high volume restaurant leadership experience, required. Previous quick service
restaurant experience strongly preferred.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Proven track record of effectively managing COGS and labor.
• Strong knowledge and application of safe food handling practices.
• Must be ServSafe® certifiable
• Customer focus - strong hospitality and customer service skills, enjoys engaging with the customer.
• Trainer and coach - ability to be a strong trainer or coach to others on restaurant routines and
systems, as well as how to effectively interact with customers and each other.
• Management skills - excellent track record of coaching and training employees and effectively
resolving employee relations issues. Ability to motivate a strong team, and set a positive and upbeat
• Organization and goal focus - must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the capability to
oversee many aspects of the business and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to actively work to achieve and exceed set goals for the business.
• Technical - proficiency with computers and with Point of Sale systems.
• Flexibility and adaptability -willingness to follow directions and a commitment to meet DQ and OJ
standards in all you do.
• Integrity-does the right thing even when no one is looking, honest, earns trust of others.
Must have ability to:
• Perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long
periods of time.
• Work in and out of different temperature ranges.
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Lift up to 50 pounds.
• Work around nuts and other allergens.
We are a family owned and operated business. Our company is dedicated to the customer experience and offers our part time employees benefits including rapid advancement opportunities/growth, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 12:12:31 PDT