Creative Arts Director
The Creative Arts Director is to be a crucial member of the YMCA Camp Carson team that ensures the reputation of the camp, as viewed by the community, staff, and YMCA, as a place of excellence-in-quality, focused on the Christian mission of the YMCA.
1) Supervises, plans and instructs the ceramics studio
2) Responsible for proper use, care, and maintenance of kilns and other equipment
3) Responsible for keeping work areas neat and proper storage of ceramic art and supplies
4) Responsible for designing art projects using different media (wood working, clay, papermaking, etc)
5) Supervise and evaluate Crafts Chief and crafts program area
6) Assume responsibility of inventory required to provide programming throughout the summer
7) Work creatively within means of budget to capture best use of supplies and surroundings (nature)
8) Assume and active role to incorporate nature, conservation and earth awareness.
9) Ensure all Creative Art programs are safe, fun, challenging, and promote youth development and skill progression.
10) Develop and maintain a comprehensive Creative Arts Program manual.
11) Assist in lost camper drill
12) Assist in opening/closing day activities as needed
13) Assist with staff training
14) Assist in planning and organizing closing banquet for staff
15) Participate in the Officer of the Day
16) Serve as a Chair Person on at least one committee
17) Conduct announcements during meal times
18) Assist with morning chapel
19) Participate in performing nightly bed checks of campers and staff
20) Attend all staff meetings
21) Assume additional responsibilities as directed by camp directors
22) Complete and maintain on an ongoing basis the designated areas for accreditation with the American Camp Association.
23) Must be committed to carrying out the basic team purpose of Camp Carson and the YMCA of Southwestern Indiana.
24) Ability to serve and respond in a positive, respectful, timely, caring manner to a diverse background of user groups.
Minimum of 21 years of age
Minimum of rising sophomore in college
Current First Aid and CPR
Computer skills, including Access, Excel , Word, and PowerPoint
Walking (3 miles a day)
Pushing (100 lbs.)
Pulling (100 lbs.)
Lifting (50 lbs.)
Carrying (50 lbs.)
Effect on End Result
Through effective supervision and close attention to mission, income and expense, the Creative Arts Director will assure that YMCA Camp Carson's mission goals, budgetary goals, and excellence in quality goals are achieved.
YMCA Camp Carson is all that a co-ed summer camp should be teaching activities like swimming, archery, canoeing, plus the options to explore special skill areas like high ropes, dirt biking, and horseback riding.
And here is the coolest part our campers get to choose their own schedules. We encourage them to work on progressive skills development, but if they just want to join an activity to relax with their friends, that's OK, too.
Wed, 27 Sep 2017 08:19:12 PDT