Kitchen Manager / Back End Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a commitment to quality food to hire as Kitchen Manager for a high paced restaurant/pub. The Kitchen Manager is responsible for all back of the house operations, including, but not limited to, to food purchasing, receiving, preparation, inventory management, cost controls, maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation, and cleanliness. You will have a significant role in the creation of menu items and specials. You will also be responsible for recruiting, hiring, training and scheduling of all kitchen staff in connection with food preparation, quality standards, cleanliness, and overall day-to-day operations of the restaurant.
• Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to standard recipe's, portioning, cooking, quality and serving standards
• Responsible for ordering food products according to pre-determined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are received in accordance with company receiving policies and procedures
• Manage and control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from vendors, storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
• Conduct weekly inventory and submit inventory report to Management. Weekly report will include an accompanying waste report.
• Embrace and support company branding strategy and commitment to customer service, taking necessary steps to ensure high quality guest service and efficient operations.
• Work with ownership and management to develop, plan and price all menu items, specials and promotions. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all ongoing and new menu items.
• Ensure that equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition though personal inspection and establishment of a preventive maintenance program.
• Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate
• Provide orientation, training, and cross training for incoming and existing personnel regarding company policies, procedures, and standards
• Prepare all reporting and paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner
• Work in conjunction with the Front of the House Manager to develop weekly schedule. Schedule should make attempt to be a set schedule for personnel each season and include "on call" staff to mitigate call outs
• Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
• Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures
• Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils
• Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices
• Responsible or maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, vents, other equipment and food storage areas
• Provide safety training in basic first aid, handling hazardous materials and correct response to any potential accident
• Assign daily work stations, manage breaks and ensure all necessary prep work is done timely and up to company standards
• Ensure a sense of urgency from all kitchen team members at all times
• Manage day-to-day kitchen operations and work with front of the house manager to ensure guest satisfaction
• Attend all scheduled meetings and manager meetings and be prepared to present detail on inventory, costs, promotional ideas, menu ideas, staff issues and any other factor that impacts kitchen operations.
• Create and maintain a positive working environment.
Years of Experience Preferred/Required:
• At least 21 years of age.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to organize, train and direct team of at least 15 people
• Must have understanding of food safety and sanitation practices and execution.
• 1+ year of restaurant back of house experience, preferably including management / shift leadership
• Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Typically works under general supervision and reports to General Manager
Mulligan Holdings sits atop a variety of subsidiary companies involved in retail, restaurant, commercial real estate and e-commerce.
Waterville Valley, NH
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 14:30:23 PDT