Entry Level Lab Assistant
The Specimen Processing Associate performs the functions of specimen processor in the non-technical laboratory under the guided direction of the Non-Technical Manager, Specimen Processing Lead or designees. The Specimen Processing Associate will follow all laboratory procedures and policies and maintain accurate data reporting practices as needed to ensure consistent and diligent execution of specimen processing.
Schedule & Hours: Tuesday-Friday 2:30pm-1am or 8pm-6:30am
Under direction of the Non-Technical Lead, Supervisor and Manager or designee:
1. Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
2. All assigned job duties are conducted in a timely and productive manner.
3. All assigned job duties are performed following laboratory policies and procedures.
4. Handles all specimens according to universal precautions and other applicable safety policies.
5. Assists Specimen Processing Technician in the timely delivery of specimen to applicable storage/testing location.
6. Assists Specimen Processing Technician with specimen storage according to laboratory policies and procedures with adherence to established specimen retention guidelines.
7. Handles and disposes of all materials following applicable organization policies, local laws and federal regulations.
8. Responsible for the timely removal of processing waste from the Exact Sciences Clinical laboratory to applicable disposal locations.
9. Responsible for supply inventory and supply stocking.
10. Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months of in shift date.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Must be 18 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Previous experience in a laboratory setting preferred but not required.
Specific skill requirements include but are not limited to the following:
• Ability to accurately follow written or verbal instructions.
• Ability to focus on detail and perform repetitive tasks.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Disciplined and reliable: able to stay focused on a task; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
• Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively.
• Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 50% of time).
• Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis (standing ~85% of time; sitting ~15% of time).
• Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
• Position requires work in normal laboratory environment. Personal protective equipment is required while working in the laboratory.
Chat with us online at our "Online Job Fair" on Wednesday, June 7thfrom 11:30am-1pm! Follow this link for more information: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/spherion/e/Xb02x
Since 1946, Spherion has placed millions of talented individuals in rewarding administrative, clerical, light industrial, customer service, non-clinical healthcare and professional jobs. Filling a broad mix of flexible, temp-to-hire and direct hire positions, Spherion is a trusted recruiting and staffing partner to more than 3,000 companies nationwide.
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 12:07:37 PDT