Software Product Owner (SCRUM)
It's an exciting time at Veruna! We are a start-up software company that has built an insurance management system using the SalesForce platform (force.com) ready to launch this September. We recently became a Finalist in the ACORD Innovation Challenge (www.acordchallenge.com) and will be presenting at a number of trade shows this fall.
As we bring on new business we need to continue to build our core team.
About the Position:
The Product Owner at Veruna helps drive the creation and development of the Veruna insurance agency management system. The Scrum Product Owner collaborates with the development team to create high-performing, scalable, high-quality products. In this role, the Scrum Product Owner needs to weigh tradeoffs, clarify requirements, and create user stories throughout the Agile software development lifecycle. The Scrum Product Owner will work directly with our stakeholders, particularly our management team, as well as with the developers to ensure successful translation of requirements into high-quality features within our solution.
A successful Scrum Product Owner will be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible.
Some Tasks The Scrum Product Owner Will Have
- Execute product vision to completion by overseeing and distributing work to the development team.
- Work closely with the product management and software architects to develop and maintain deep understanding of product vision and priorities as well as software architecture and design.
- Derive actionable user stories for the scrum teams from the business feature functionality presented by product management
- Collaborate with our operations and customer care teams to understand the support needs and issues
- Lead the sprint planning and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Demonstrate developed functionality during stakeholder review at the end of each sprint
- Understand and clearly communicate the requirements of our product suite to the development team as it exists today and as we want it to develop
- Maintain the functional quality of the product suite by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria
- Others as assigned
This position reports to the President
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience working with SalesForce products
- 2+ years of experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- 2+ years of experience in Product Owner and/or Business Analysis role.
- 2+ years of software development/engineering experience.
- Strong knowledge, skills, and ability working in a collaborative distributed team environment.
- High maturity of diplomacy and ability to see and rationalize multiple points of view.
- Strong negotiation, leadership, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a diverse leadership team.
- Strong leadership skills, including proven abilities in motivation, coaching and conflict resolution.
Veruna LLC is a native SalesForce.comp platform disrupting the insurance industry with a revolutionary way for independent agents to operate. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, Veruna is poised to become the new standard for agency management.
Wed, 27 Sep 2017 15:44:37 PDT