Project Manager: Network Infrastructure
MCW Solutions is seeking a project manager specializing in Tele-data and Network Infrastructure installations. The project manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of Tele-data/Infrastructure projects. Projects must be completed by staying consistent with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Planning and Implementation of multiple projects at one time.
- Understand the Scope of Work (SOW), goals, and deliverables within a contract.
- Understand specific contract language to the fullest to mitigate any potential risks to the project.
- Understand Microsoft Project or Primavera P6 in order to schedule tasks to your staff appropriately.
- Use Microsoft Project or Primavera P6 to plan and schedule project timelines and milestones.
- Understand and manage the project budget. Know your costs to ensure the project will maintain the projected gross margin.
- Maintain quality assurance to the fullest to minimize return trips to a job site.
- Assemble and coordinate your project staff with direction from the Director of Network Infrastructure Services (NIS).
- Ensure project deliverables are scheduled and executed per contract.
- Monitor and report on project progress to all stakeholders, end users, or clients.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions to the Director of NIS on a scheduled bi-weekly or monthly basis.
- Manage project changes to achieve appropriate project outputs.
- Establish a monthly review of your site lead/foreman so you both have an understanding of project progress and evaluations.
- Learn and adapt to MCW's construction management software, Connectwise.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience managing tele-data, network infrastructure, cabling back bone, and data center projects.
Must be able to provide specific examples of past performance of tele-data projects.
- Experience with low voltage security installations is a plus.
- Experience in people, strategic planning, risk, and change management.
- Proficient in Project Management Software such as Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, and Microsoft Office.
- CLIENT FACING AND INTERNAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS!
- Decision Making
- Stress Tolerance.
- Conflict Management
- Planning and Organizing
MCW is headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia, MCW is a global provider of cost effective, innovative and reliable technology systems in support of managed IT, network infrastructure, audiovisual applications, unified communications and security. Founded in 2003, MCW has the experience and certifications necessary for navigating complex IT challenges and implementing advanced technology solutions. Additional locations include Columbia, MD and New York City.
Tue, 26 Sep 2017 06:50:48 PDT