Serviam Construction is a full-service construction management and general construction firm with extensive experience in a wide range of industries. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our corporate culture, which is based on safety, integrity, is evident from our office staff through to each jobsite.
We are currently seeking a Superintendent position in Syracuse, NY area.
Report to: Project Manager on a direct basis.
Responsible for the management of a project between 1M-5M in a local hospital and coordination of 1-4 employees and time management of sub-contractors, labor forces, tradesmen, foremen, other trades and suppliers. Responsible to develop and lead all aspects of field operations to achieve or exceed all project goals for both Serviam and customer.
1. Plan, coordinate and direct the efficient use of labor, equipment, materials and subcontractors/suppliers to secure safe, high-quality construction at minimum cost in accordance with the Serviam Fundamental Requirements.
2. Maintain daily communications with project manager regarding status of job.
3. Coordinate, participate, contribute and implement the Project Team responsibilities of pre-construction, construction and post-construction assignments.
4. Study and become completely familiar with project drawings specifications, schedules and other requirements including mechanical and electrical work scopes prior to the commencement of construction.
5. Initiate, maintain and implement three-week schedule. Communicate the three-week schedule goals and overall project status and costs to foremen and tradesmen.
6. Ascertain that foremen and their crew members understand clearly what he/she is to do each day and determine if daily goals are met or exceeded. Analyze the causes of and eliminate wasted time and cost overruns. Quantify and evaluate accurate daily productivity for maximum efficiency control and report same to office weekly.
7. Conduct Tool Box Talks daily.
8. Oversee the effectiveness and evaluate the performance of project foremen and their crews.
9. Properly use, secure and maintain tools and equipment. Keep the Project Manager advised as to condition and performance of equipment.
10. Observe, monitor and control manpower efforts and productivity. Monitor costs daily.
11. Inspect incoming material for quality, count, completeness and contract compliance.
Coordinate deliveries, placement and storage of materials to minimize handling and damage.
12. Ensure that all required paperwork is filled out accurately, correctly and turned in timely. The required paperwork includes time sheets with cost codes, equipment time sheets with cost codes, daily productivity/quantity reports, daily reports, accident reports, equipment/scaffolding release forms, project status reports, invoice approvals (when required), field purchase orders, time and material sheets, extra work/back charge sheets, equipment time reports, safety meeting minutes, job meeting minutes, etc.
13. Inform the Project Manager of any significant changes required in the scope of work. Awareness of change order or extra work order items is especially important.
14. Follow and implement company safety program. Conduct safety meetings and safety inspections, ensure toll box talks are being conducted and maintain good housekeeping.
15. Follow, enforce and adhere to the Fundamental Requirements.
16. Assist in training foremen, project engineers and crew. Attend and participate in training seminars.
17. Maintain excellent working relations with Owners, their representatives, construction managers, architects, and engineers. Pursue and obtain repeat business through complete customer satisfaction.
18. Coordinate, cooperate and assist subcontractors, suppliers, and other prime trades. Maintain good working relationships.
19. Communicate with other management staff. Encourage communication and ideas from crews, foremen, other trades through weekly/daily meetings. Anticipate and develop problem solving techniques.
20. Review job costs and schedule status with Project Manager weekly.
21. Attend and participate in project meetings (when required).
22. Monitor use of and the return of rental equipment as soon as specific task is complete.
23. Constantly maintain As-Built Drawings and other project close-out requirements throughout construction.
24. Conduct efficiency studies on each item of work, on a periodic basis, to ensure efficient cost effective operations.
25. Prepare punch lists as project nears completion for final inspection.
26. Assist in the coordination and approval of monthly requisitions.
27. Set up pre-task meetings with subcontractors and suppliers before their work starts.
28. Coordinate shop drawings with the work of other trades, check for difficulties of installation, quality, maintenance, etc.
1. High school diploma required. Vocational and/or college diploma desirable. Technical, mechanical, electrical, communication and leadership training also desirable.
2. Knowledge of:
- Basic knowledge of safety policies and procedures
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation
- Computer applications related to the work
- Recordkeeping principles and procedures
- Personnel principles and procedures
3. Ability to:
- Maintain a safe worksite
- Maintain quality control
- Lead appropriate members of Project Team
Please submit a comprehensive resume including prior salary history and start and end dates for your last three positions. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Construction: 5 years
Mon, 25 Sep 2017 13:51:23 PDT