Our growing Company is looking for a Shop Foreman who is ready for the challenge and excitement of working on some of the worlds most advanced, capital equipment for the food industry and more. If you have previous experience with machine shop and/or metal fabrication shop and are ready to advance to the next level, we want to talk with you.
A stable work history, excellent references, and the desire to work at the standards required by our industry is required. We expect you to deliver the leadership and finest quality craftsmanship to our clients. If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, and want to be compensated accordingly, we want to talk to you.
• Competitive pay
• Health Insurance
• Paid Vacations, personal days and Holidays
• 401K program
• Professional working environment
The Shop Foreman is responsible for ensuring the proper workmanship and professionalism of all the projects flowing through the shop. The Shop Foreman plans, organizes, leads and controls the flow of work through the shop's departments in a professional, timely manner while ensuring quality and on-time delivery. Our ability to provide quality equipment to our demanding customers is based on the high quality performance of our shop.
• Manage the shop work flow, set priorities and ensure on-time performance for the projects.
• Report on completion and provide estimated timeline for project managers
• Provide timely, on-the-job assistance to technicians experiencing difficulty in understanding the drawings and instructions
• Review and check the work in process and finish products to ensure accuracy and workmanship
• Meet regularly with Team Leaders and Managers to report on shop production and review pending administrative matters
• Accomplish the production standards that have been established by the Company Manager
• Ensure that Technicians follow procedures and processes
• Prepare estimates when required, review any estimates with the Manager before quoting
• Administer safety and good housekeeping policies and procedures
• Spot-check work-in-process to assure quality and timely completion
• Understand Federal, State, and local regulations, such as those governing,OSHA, right-to-know, etc.
• Follow all Company safety procedures to avoid injuries
• Arrange and Monitor Training for Technicians
• Continuoually learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology
• Keeps store management aware of mechanical repair problems for shop equipment as they arise
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Ability to supervise Technicians
• Proven track record of achieving or over-achieving goals
• Outstanding communication skills
• Professional work ethic
• Ability to read and comprehend drawings and instructions
• Ability to exercise good judgment
• Desire to be the best
Employment Type - Full-Time
Job Type - Skilled Labor - Trades
Education High School Diploma or higher
Experience - At least 5 years
Manages Others - Yes
Industry - Metal Fabrication / Food Industry Equipment
Required Travel - Minimal
Growing, successful capital equipment manufacturer
Wed, 27 Sep 2017 09:39:11 PDT