Nurse Manager - Full Time
JCAHO accredited outpatient endoscopy center
General Summary: An exempt management position that establishes and maintains an environment that promotes and supports professional practice, oversees day-to-day clinical operations and ensures safety and care of the patient and staff. Employee will serve as a role model in leadership abilities, applications of principles of teaching, management and effective communication.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures the comfort and safety of each patient
- Individualizes care according to each patient's special needs
- Follows safety and infection control procedures
- Accurately performs and documents pre-procedure nursing assessment
- Familiar with the dosage route of administration, action, adverse drug reactions, and reversal medications of all medications commonly used
- Directs the endoscopy technicians during procedures and maintenance of endoscopy equipment.
- Continuously assesses patient condition and maintains accurate documentation pre, intra, and post-procedure, and informs physician
- Instructs patient pre-procedure on routine discharge instructions and review same with responsible party post-procedure
- Protects patient confidentiality and enforces HIPPA compliance
- Implements and adheres to all GANV policies
- Assists the physician with procedures
- Assesses, implements, and manages a staff development program for all endoscopy personnel
- Ensures on-going compliance with accreditation readiness policies and functions as the Accreditation Coordinator in conjunction with the Medical Director and Endoscopy Center Administration.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records of patient care and other records necessary to maintain accreditation.
16. Maintaining inventory including purchasing and vendor contract negotiation.
18. Maintaining JCAHO accreditation including supervising JCAHO inspections.
19. Managing colonoscopy direct access program
20. Familiarity with electronic medical record systems (currently using gGastro)
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Experience: 4 years of gastrointestinal endoscopy nursing. 2 years of supervisory level experience managing a private endoscopy center is desired.
Other Requirements: Possess a valid Virginia Registered Nurse License, and current BLS, ACLS certification.
Gastroenterology Associates of Northern Virginia (GANV)
GANV is the largest GI specialty group in Northern Virginia, with offices in Fairfax, Fair Oaks, Herndon, Chantilly and Dulles and a JCAHO accredited outpatient endoscopy center. Our physicians are all Board Certified and have a reputation for exceptional care, including complex and advanced endoscopy. We are looking for hard-working and compassionate candidates to join our practice.
We value commitment to service excellence, conscientious attitude, dependability, teamwork, and respectful, courteous treatment of others, including patients, their family members and fellow employees. GANV strives to provide exceptional, compassionate, and comprehensive care to our patients and supports a healthy work-life balance for our employees.
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 10:01:41 PDT