Outreach- RECRUITER-Full/ Part-time
Under the supervision of the Center Director or assigned supervisor, is energetic, outgoing, passionate, confident, and shares CET's vision, values, and commitment. Performs duties associated with student admissions and recruitment; supportive services and demonstrates superior customer service. The Recruiter is responsible for successfully delivering all facets of the recruitment process. This will be achieved by employing current strategies as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas.
The Recruiter participates in promoting the CET mission and initiatives and in the accomplishment of the organization's goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (May include but is not limited to the following):
- Confers with Center Director to identify recruiting needs and develops effective, successful recruitment plans and strategies to increase student enrollment.
- Works with Center Director and Corporate Office to develop, prepare and maintain updated recruitment/marketing publications and communications including letters, brochures, website postings, electronic mail and other marketing mediums.
- Fosters and develops relationships with local schools, community-based organizations, churches, social service government agencies or other areas for student recruitment referrals.
- Communicates with prospective students, parents, teachers and community through on-site/off-site group presentations, individual appointments, telephone, email or other methods.
- Coordinates recruitment activities/special events on and off campus: conducts school tours, presentations, guest speakers/alumni and student follow-up and testing.
- Provides general information on eligibility and other entrance requirements.
- Uses and maintains Microsoft Office programs to analyze, process, record, retrieve and verify statistical data.
- Works closely with Center Director and instructors to monitor classroom capacity in relation to enrollment goals.
- Works closely with Center Director and Corporate MIS Department staff to track student applications and related documents following all federal and state laws regarding adherence to safeguards to protect confidential student records/files/data.
- Accesses confidential records, student files, including progress reports that may be shared with sponsoring agents, complying with all federal and state laws regarding adherence to safeguards to protect confidential student data.
- Works closely with Center Director to monitor classroom capacity in relation to enrollment goals.
- Participates and provides support for other special programs.
- Must be available to work weekends as needed.
- Attends staff development trainings which may require overnight travel, as required.
- Conducts regular inspections of designated work areas and equipment and reports any hazardous or unsafe working conditions to their supervisor. Works with other staff to participate in emergency disaster drills.
- Responds as the campus security authority as needed during a safety, security, emergency or disaster situation.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of computer equipment operations and various software programs including, word processing, database management and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of principles of recruiting, marketing and public relations skills; basic research techniques.
- Ability to effectively market and represent students and program.
- Possess effective customer relation skills; exhibit sensitivity to a multicultural student population.
- Ability to interface professionally with all levels of the organization and with external groups: students and their families, schools, community agencies and other government programs/social service agencies.
- Knowledge of community resources and services.
- Ability to serve as an advocate for the needs of students.
- Ability to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to process documents accurately in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize work, work effectively with frequent interruptions and meet stringent schedules and timelines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must have excellent communication skills; ability to meet with individuals and/or in group situations; ability to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Knowledge of safety standards for office work environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish may be required based on school location.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Must possess a high school diploma (or its equivalent) and four years of recruitment, admissions, outreach, and/or closely related experience. Two years of major course work and/or an associate's degree or higher in a related field, from an accredited institution may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience. Experience working with persons of diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds. Bilingual in Spanish may be required based on school location.
Use of a personal or company vehicle for CET business may be necessary in the performance of assigned duties such as attending meetings and events, recruiting, transporting students, picking up materials, and running errands. The Human Resources Department may request copies of a valid driver's license and proof of personal automobile insurance upon being hired and annually thereafter.
CET believes in the dignity of the individual and that each individual has a right to a job that will pay enough to fulfill basic human needs. CET's program is designed to help people overcome their barriers by integrating workplace and life skill development. Each student is viewed as an individual with unique aspirations, abilities and needs.
CET is celebrating it's 50th Anniversary in 2017.
El Paso, TX
Sat, 23 Sep 2017 10:06:30 PDT