Senior MITEL VoIP Engineer
Senior Field Engineer
At TCI, our people are our most important resource. We value work-life balance, which is why we offer a variety full and part-time employment and consulting opportunities. We are currently looking for talented, passionate individuals to fill the following position.
The Senior Field Engineer role requires strong, demonstrable hands-on knowledge and experience evaluating, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting networks, telephony, wireless, security and access technologies.
With general direction and supervision, this position provides effective customer service and field support to clients by performing routine and moderately complex activities to install, repair, upgrade, test and maintain enterprise-wide network/systems (e.g., telecommunications, LANs, WANs, configurations), hardware and software, diverse development platforms, technologies, and tools. With detailed direction, may assist or perform work activities of a complex nature. Work is largely performed on customer sites.
• Applying a basic understanding of telecommunications systems, network infrastructure and design, topologies and protocols, participates in the routine design, planning and integration of enterprise-wide communications network/systems.
• Qualifies, prepares, and documents all aspects of a client's network in preparation of implementing communication systems and associated applications.
• Performs network modeling, analysis, and planning tasks of a routine to moderately-complex nature.
• Documents existing networks and creates network diagrams for new or existing networks.
• With a fundamental knowledge of networking, considers business needs and work flow requirements to research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
• Anticipates and analyzes common connectivity/business work flow problems, systems monitoring, tuning and capacity planning and consults with IT management and staff to recommend appropriate solutions.
• Primarily performs routine and some moderately-complex field engineering installations and/or maintenance activities on telecommunications systems, data, and networks at customer locations.
• Installs IP, network equipment and facilities.
• Installs, adds to, maintains and supports moderately complex VoIP, SIP, voice/data along with other various CTI, IVR and Call Center/Contact Center applications.
• Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams and electrical schematics of moderate complexity, verifying work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
• Utilizes approved TCI system tools/processes to track and document problem requests, resolutions, installations, changes, maintenance and repair work from inception to completion.
• Reactively and proactively diagnoses and independently resolves common and some moderately complex, integrated customer issues for implementation, add-on, maintenance and support of voice, data, VoIP and CTI applications.
• Contributes to ongoing customer service efforts by making recommendations for improving system performance.
• With a general understanding and foundation in network design, considers customer requirements where appropriate and recommends appropriate solutions.
• While interfacing with internal and external technical staff, provides customer service and support and ensures customer satisfaction with products and services while promoting a positive Company image.
• Works closely with the Operations teams, maintaining open communication lines, to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of systems implementations.
• May train and consult with clients in using and maintaining products.
• Communicates status of problem resolution issues to ensure that customer is aware of and apprised on work activities and anticipated resolution.
• Acts as the first point of issue resolution by responding to routine and moderately-complex field engineering requests and troubleshooting telecommunication problems.
• Responds to routine client issues related to networks, systems and applications, applying technical solutions or making equipment repairs to correct and/or maximize system performance and operating efficiency.
• Contacts telecommunications engineering and sustaining support when issues require further escalation. May act as a liaison between the Technical Support group and the customer to assist, facilitate and expedite resolution.
• Updates and relays information to group leader on problem resolution status.
• Performs work as a team lead, most frequently on small to medium scale projects, and answers questions, acting as a resource for others and providing direction to less experienced field staff.
• Provides general work direction, coordinates work tasks, and may lead others when performing routine installations, add-ons, or service requests.
• May assist in training less experienced field technicians.
• Functions as a technical leader or project contributor on small, medium and large scale projects of moderate complexity.
• May serve as a liaison between the customer and the company, communicating issues and conveying customer feedback to engineering and development staff.
• Maintains and improves upon a level of technical proficiency and currency with new and developing technology in the systems engineering field by participating with and maintaining memberships with professional work groups; attending trainings, seminars or other technical-related conferences; interfacing with peers; and pursuing related work certifications that support improvement, knowledge and expertise in current work activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
• On Call rotation.
• General knowledge of electrical, electronic or telecommunications equipment, systems and applications as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field is required. Relevant experience may substitute.
• Certifications such as a CCSP, CCDA, CCIE, MSCE, MCSD, FCNE, or CCNP are desirable although not a requirement of the job as described.
• At least five years of field support experience with at least 3 years of telecommunications installation experience is required. Mitel, Cisco, ShoreTel, Avaya.
• Experience supporting VoIP, IP Telephony and Unified Messaging (UM) including Quality of Service (QoS), redundancy, architecture, engineering, implementation, troubleshooting resiliency, load balancing, creation of complex dial plans, call routing and trunk engineering is strongly preferred.
• Experience troubleshooting Linux OS is preferred.
• Practical experience in network designing, implementation and management of LAN/WAN Systems is also preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A valid driver's license and driving record that meets TCI's minimum insurance standards is required.
• Normally gained through formal training, a foundation and fundamental understanding of networking to install, configure, and operate LAN, WAN, and dial access services for small networks (100 nodes or fewer), including but not limited to IP, IGRP, Serial, Frame Relay, IP RIP, VLANs, RIP, Ethernet, Access Lists protocols is required. Familiarity with the subtleties, intricacies and challenges of end to end networking and the ability to work on all phases of routine network design and administration is required.
• The ability to independently read and effectively interpret moderately complex technical diagrams and schematics is required.
• Employees must have proficient planning skills and the ability to analyze moderately-complex systems that may entail multiple variables. The ability to regularly apply knowledge and base judgment and discretion on practical theory to effectively plan or respond to moderately-complex issues is required.
• General communication and interpersonal skills are required to understand and effectively communicate technical information to non-technical people, vendors, staff, and clients.
• The ability to multi-task is key. The ability to maintain flexibility and work effectively in a dynamic team environment is also essential. The ability to act in a lead capacity and coordinate work activities of others as described is essential.
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of telecommunication systems, networks, switches and routers is required.
• Employees should be versed in the following communications protocols: TCP/IP, IPX, Spanning Tree and others, as well as routing protocols including but not limited to RIP, RIP2, OSPF, BGP, PIM and DVMRP.
• A fundamental knowledge of routers, VPN, Layer 2 and 3 switching, firewalls, bridging (8021Q VLAN), ATM (RFC1483), PoE, PoS, DiffServ, and QoS is required.
Equipment and Applications
• Familiarity with and a general understanding and knowledge of Mitel products is essential.
• A basic understanding of high-end switches/load balancers (layer 2 to 7), routers, VPNs, firewalls, bridging (802.1Q VLAN), ATM (RFC1483), PoE, PoS, DiffServ, and QoS is required.
• Practical knowledge of and experience with anti-virus systems and intrusion detection systems is also preferred.
• Hourly compensation commensurable with experience
Full benefits including Health, Dental, Life, AD&D and Term Life are offered as well as a 401k. We also have vacation and sick leave.
TCI is in a unique position in the industry having successfully made the transition from traditional to cloud-based communications solutions.
TCI offers a wide selection of best-in-class VoIP Business Telecommunications Solutions and industry-leading unified communication solutions for businesses of all sizes. All of our solutions can be expanded into full, feature-rich UCC solutions. And because we give you the option to run these powerful solutions on our hardware or on your servers through software, you can expand on your terms and your timing...we call this the TCI Advantage.
Advantage is TCI's Premier Unified Communications & Audio Web/Video Collaboration service offering.
Delivered from our VMware enabled Data Center in Ashburn, Virginia, Advantage offers the flexibility to be deployed - your way, Hosted, Premise Based, Hybrid or as Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) with the ability to change deployment mode as our clients needs change.
The TCI ADVANTAGE...Today's most powerful Business Class Communication Solutions, Deployed in any configuration,Using unique funding models that fit any financial requirement.
Sat, 23 Sep 2017 14:20:55 PDT