Director of Finance- Capital Projects
The Director of Capital Projects is responsible for designing and delivering the finance side of the capital projects planning process. Monitors, organizes and evaluates the costs and activities related to company-wide capital projects. The incumbent will also perform analysis, both financial and strategic, of capital project actuals and budgets.
- Consults with functional and business unit leaders and their finance support, as well as with IT project-related teams, to prepare capital project related financial models and business cases.
- Partners with Accounting to provide consultation and guidance in questions related to the fixed assets policy and capital vs expense issues.
- Reviews and provides finance oversight of capital project submissions prior to executive reviews.
- Manages the capital appropriation request (CAR) database to store project related documents, including project approvals, in accordance with company policy.
- Monitors and provides reports on capital project spend and budget variances.
- Interacts with project teams to resolve questions and issues on project financials including overspend, changes in project timing and scope, etc.
- Attends project-related meetings representing Finance to help coordinate and communicate business impacts from project start-ups, implementations, and related.
- Monitors, reviews, and implements internal controls to ensure compliance with all project-related policies and procedures.
- Assists in external and internal audits related to capital project processes and documentation.
- Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations around the capital project processes to improve efficiencies and to enable better business decisions based on data and analysis.
- Maintains (and modifies as needed) departmental models, templates, and procedures.
- Partners with functional and business unit leaders and their finance support, as well as with IT project-related teams, to determine annual capital budgets and forecast updates.
- Performs forecasting and annual planning processes around capital project related depreciation and expense budgets, interacting with other Finance team members as required.
- Prepares and tracks key performance indicators/metrics and trend data for dashboards and other management reporting.
- Develops appropriate benchmarks for the capital project budgeting and approval processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Tue, 26 Sep 2017 08:13:39 PDT